• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

There is one man I would not want to be right now: Bill DeBlasio. If the UKIE is correct and we get blasted with snow again, he'll never hear the end of it. If the UKIE is wrong and they over-prepare for the storm with snow plows in a horrible rainstorm, he'll never hear the end of it. Right now, he can do nothing right.

Just now, TriPol said:

There is one man I would not want to be right now: Bill DeBlasio. If the UKIE is correct and we get blasted with snow again, he'll never hear the end of it. If the UKIE is wrong and they over-prepare for the storm with snow plows in a horrible rainstorm, he'll never hear the end of it. Right now, he can do nothing right.

Luckily it's a Sunday storm so no need to worry about school closures. It won't hurt to throw down salt either since they have barely used any. 

Not a fairly strong SLP like this and certainly not that far SE. That's quite the improvement. 

Strength- true. With regards to SE , the placement of the low has been within 50-75 miles itself for the most part.

Edit: I also believe the strength is due to the model honing in on the true temp gradient that will be in play here. Therefore.. Pushes it further SE and gives it a good boost of strength.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s disgusting in the city currently. Salt dust everywhere. 

With the type of precip rates and the flash freeze after all the salt in the world will not matter

I live in Long Island and I was wondering why the asphalt outside turned white so quickly. I guess cars bringing that stuff from the city on their tires?

Just now, David-LI said:

I live in Long Island and I was wondering why the asphalt outside turned white so quick. I guess car bringing that stuff from the city on their tires?

Up here in ct they put a pre-treatment liquid down on the roads...dries and turns white..it eats through metal on cars faster than rock salt...not sure if it;s an equitable trade off

• Like 1