• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm? Jan 18-19th, 2019

cyclone77

Surprised to find I had liquid rain most of the morning here with a puddle in my lawn.  Now the Mt. Comfort airport is reporting 32 degrees and I have little icicles starting to form on my redbud tree branches.  Winds starting to pick up from the north as well.  Supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow from precip in the second batch later today if forecast is correct.  Indpls concerned about flash freeze on wet surfaces tonight with a lot of events happening around the area today.

17 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Surprised to find I had liquid rain most of the morning here with a puddle in my lawn.  Now the Mt. Comfort airport is reporting 32 degrees and I have little icicles starting to form on my redbud tree branches.  Winds starting to pick up from the north as well.  Supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow from precip in the second batch later today if forecast is correct.  Indpls concerned about flash freeze on wet surfaces tonight with a lot of events happening around the area today.

had every type of frozen precip known to man except snow here.  Pushing a 1/4 inch of ice.  These winds tonight are really going to be a concern with the amount of ice.

35 minutes ago, KeenerWx said:

Guidance now putting more emphasis on a highly transient lake band. Significant mesolow influence toward the second half of its lifecycle, too. Seems to now max out over Porter, but with so many cards on the table I’d be hesitant to place a bet on “ground zero”. General spread the wealth looks likely, with some interesting lollipop potential in NWI. 

Agreed.  There are times when the mesolows keep it farther west, so it's basically wait and see.  The idea of it eventually coming back west still looks good, but there may be some wobbling around before a more definitive move.

Just now, nwohweather said:

Of course the WAA made it surge north and west. It always does and that's why I thought NW Ohio was in such a good spot

Absolutely ripping here with plenty more to come over the next few hours. Northward track helped a bit but I believe yesterday's trough dig, which helped trigger the surging WAA, really made the difference out here. Brought the mix line north of Dayton to about Piqua and resulted in fantastic rates in areas further north.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

Im thinking someone in SE MI and maybe even Metro Detroit gets 6-8" out of this storm. The updated AFD mentions that they've bumped snow totals up a bit and that the system is slightly further north and west of guidance. 

If I have this already, then yes i think i end up with 7". Currently measured 4.5"

20190119_124543.thumb.jpg.9e5ea66676b02b19a1d10722bdcbf180.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

If I have this already, then yes i think i end up with 7". Currently measured 4.5"

20190119_124543.thumb.jpg.9e5ea66676b02b19a1d10722bdcbf180.jpg

I can’t believe you can measure anything. The wind coming off Lake Erie here is so strong everything is going sideways. Down to 1/4 mile vis now. The power poles are even fading at the end of the drive

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I can’t believe you can measure anything. The wind coming off Lake Erie here is so strong everything is going sideways. Down to 1/4 mile vis now. The power poles are even fading at the end of the drive

I have some good wind protected spots thankfully but yeah it is a bit drifty out there.

• Haha 1