Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm? Jan 18-19th, 2019

cyclone77

38 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

RAP/HRRR/NAM all in lock step for 6-10" along and north of I-88 in N. Illinois, with the highest toals in a narrow gradient from the Quad Cities to just north of ORD.

My radar says it's not happening in imby. Lol

Screenshot_20190118-210115_WGN Weather.jpg

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

HRRR/RAP have shown 0.6-0.7" of precip from the QC through here the last few runs.  If that works out that would be quite the change from most of the week when models continually showed this area in the drier area of precip.  We'll see how it shakes out.

Yeah, definitely drawing a jackpot from you to me to ORD. We shall see, frustrating storm to track, but enjoyable nonetheless. 

34 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Talk about heartbreak in Indy though...

I'll take what Mother Nature gives and enjoy the ride, rooting for folks elsewhere if that map verifies.  But am concerned that the low snow in central regions means more rain or freezing rain that could lead to a flash freeze when the arctic air hits.

37 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

HRRR/RAP have shown 0.6-0.7" of precip from the QC through here the last few runs.  If that works out that would be quite the change from most of the week when models continually showed this area in the drier area of precip.  We'll see how it shakes out.

You always seem to luck out with every storm. Lol. QC area looks to get in on some intense repetitive banding

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

You always seem to luck out with every storm. Lol. QC area looks to get in on some intense repetitive banding

That area missed out big time past few years. They’ve been making up for it this year and last. Good thing, cause soon the snow will head back to the lake where it belongs :devilsmiley:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Yeah I actually feel kind of guilty cashing in on this one.  Our luck has certainly changed from that rough stretch from 11/12 to 13/14 when we went 3 winters in a row without a warning criteria snow.  I feel for ya man!  Here's hoping you guys cash in as we go forward.  In regards to this storm I am very happy to see the central Ohio peeps finally cash in on a biggie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Do we have anyone from NE IA? That area has been under solid returns for hours...

image.png.3d75a0b928420e88af685371288e40e6.png

There used to be someone named Indeeger or something like that from near Independence IIRC.  There's several reports of 10-12" in far southeast MN/and far northeast IA.  Snow continues to rip there as well.  LSRs there are likely very nice.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Kind of on the fringe of shutout here... but so far it's still snowing. Every minute of snow is a good minute

Edit: temporary shutout

With all due respect you had a prof met who works for the NWS out of LOT and within shouting distance of your location say he 's hoping for 4-6" and your talking about a shut out...the negativity is over the top sometimes. It may bust. It happens. But after tracking for 5 days and throwing in the towel as it commences without support is uncalled for. I'm guessing you'll fall into the 3"-6" window.