Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm? Jan 18-19th, 2019

cyclone77

14 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

18z NAM...Yet again coming in a bit further north with the wave as it push across the coast and into the West.

More organized trough this run, and a bit more neutral tilted earlier.

This run is going to be more north and stronger/organized.

• Like 3

Hi. Models have been very consistent in the sucker hole. IKK just happens to be pretty much locked in it. That’s why I think a Watch for here is kinda silly. It’ll be an advisory at best for the LOT CWA portions, south of I-80. North of there, different story. :mapsnow:

Feels bad man. Hope you’re wrong but suspect you are not

13 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

More organized trough this run, and a bit more neutral tilted earlier.

This run is going to be more north and stronger/organized.

I'll be honest.  I'd rather sit in that FGEN band and get snow for 18hrs, than get a crush job for 10 hours and watch it snow to my north.  I've watched that way to many times to my north from here in NW OH.  Sometimes it's not about how much you get, but the duration and steadiness of it, for me anyway.  

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

It def isn't a dry air issue because there is widespread snow. Def some kind of forcing. But usually just south or north of an intense band is where you would see any subsidence. That's a large swath of weaker totals

It's due to the heavier FGEN snows being to your north, and the main synoptic snows to your south.

• Like 1

Just now, UMB WX said:

so yeah sounds about right.  and considering the office. not sure what anybody was expecting.

yeah GRR office is horrible! They always go on the lower end. They never account for thermals, and the fact this could very well easily over perform. I think 3-5" is a pretty good bet. I will take that considering the fact we haven't seen that much snow since Novemeber lol

• Like 1

Just now, Aleksey said:

yeah GRR office is horrible! They always go on the lower end. They never account for thermals, and the fact this could very well easily over perform. I think 3-5" is a pretty good bet. I will take that considering the fact we haven't seen that much snow since Novemeber lol

Frustrating for sure. This is normally a bread and butter GRR storm.   Just can't buy a hooker from the pan handle anymore.

• Haha 3