Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Winter Storm Obs

Orangeburgwx

Just now, GunBlade said:

Those all came from the link I provided except WB.  I’m lazy and just type it into a calculator from a google search. And I just reimaged my computer so I’m also too lazy to go upstairs and look at my weather station reporting since it’s not on my phone. 

I meant where do you find individual noaa stations....I’m looking now

Nam or gfs are both busting as expected in many spots. Down to 33.5 here  where the 12km and 3km  has me at 36 and the gfs 37. Over parts of the upstate, especially the nw, the gfs  has current  temps  around 36 right now  when in reality they are 32. Looks like the gfs is a couple degrees too warm in nc too...and temps might cool another degree there. So on average, temps are running 2 to 3 degrees cooler than forecasted and as mentioned before  this is right at average error rate with cad that has decent dewpoint depressions at the start. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Nam or gfs are both busting as expected in many spots. Down to 33.5 here  where the 12km and 3km  has me at 36 and the gfs 37. Over parts of the upstate, especially the nw, the gfs  has current  temps  around 36 right now  when in reality they are 32. Looks like the gfs is a couple degrees too warm in nc too...and temps might cool another degree there. So on average, temps are running 2 to 3 degrees cooler than forecasted and as mentioned before  this is right at average error rate with cad that has decent dewpoint depressions at the start. 

Canadian RGEM (RDPS) was the coldest model I saw, and it sounds like it may be performing the best 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCSNOW said:

You get your new wx station up? Glad we have some good obs from up there. Wherever the official one is the nws has used forever is awful. Think the themometer was by a stove.

I got heavy sleet atm, almost looks like snow mixed in too,  but I guess it's just big pieces of sleet!! 30.7

Weather station is not new had it a few years, But just got the Data logger hooked up!! I may buy me a Davis Vantage Pro2 before long!!