Sign in to follow this  
ChescoPaWxman

Jan 12-13 Snow Event Obs and discussion

31F/DP 12. Could see the moon little earlier this evening but it's since disappeared behind the clouds. Radar filling in overhead. Guess it's time to go squint at the porch light.

1 minute ago, BBasile said:

Yeah, not exactly a bullish start, eh?!

No, lol, but it does get better. Still hopeful for some moderate rates at some point. The dew point is still rising, up to 21 now (Temp. @ 28F).

Legit light snow in northern DE. Coating everything including untreated roads. Virga returns were limited. Did not think it would start this early. 

I think SEPA sees a nice positive bust on totals for this one  

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

No, lol, but it does get better. Still hopeful for some moderate rates at some point. The dew point is still rising, up to 21 now (Temp. @ 28F).

Nice.  Just realized that Mt Holly upped us to 3-4.  I can see that considering some of the quick 1 inch numbers from central PA.  

Interesting but after a low of 20 this morning, the temp has been generally hanging around freezing +/- 1 once it hit the high.  Currently 32 (dp has been hanging around 15 much of the day) where the high was 33 ~3 pm.  Not "seeing" any flakage as the line is literally just starting to move overhead, but standing outside you can kind of feel something hitting your face.... like snizzle.

1 minute ago, JoeSeNJ said:

Nothing here in Mays Landing. Virga

Same here but there are some darker echoes to my W so that should do it. If not, I'm screwed.

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Same here but there are some darker echoes to my W so that should do it. If not, I'm screwed.

*Update...a couple of super lazy flakes just started.

• Like 1