Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Right on the edge. Another .1 or so. Dc and SE is the best. Another weenie band is showing up by Winchester with another inch or 2 from now until it ends. However, euro has been moving the qpf jacks every run. Won't know how it shakes out until it shakes out.

Amazing how the city has kinda been the dividing line (even since the deeper colors on would halt literally at the city...why is that? Just topography, or just where the entire storm happened to be positioned?)

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Amazing how the city has kinda been the dividing line (even since the deeper colors on would halt literally at the city...why is that? Just topography, or just where the entire storm happened to be positioned?)

Literally just how the storm played out. And we are lucky it wasn’t a hair further south or we would only have an inch or two rather then 4-5. We actually really maximized with a system that we were never flush for.

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Just the progression. The closer to the big high to the north the less qpf. This one was a little backwards with jackpots. Happens sometimes. Pretty even distribution though. Everyone got 4" and a large area got 5-7". Most of the time its more uneven

• Like 1

Anything over 6”, a WSW Verification, was all I needed to see to be happy. Especially from a. WAA event. I will take another 1-2” if that band sets up shop for us. 

Funny that the dark sky app was the first to forecast 4-8” 2 days ago and was spot on. It has 4-8” for Saturday into Sunday, so maybe it’ll be right about that too LOL! 

Glad many of us did decently with this storm. Nice way to kick off the pattern before the parade of big boys start coming through starting next weekend!

Steady light snow falling currently at work in Columbia (we opened at noon and didn’t close) it is a lovely scene out there indeed. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Looks like round 2 wants to fringe me too. Guess the snow gods are making up for lost time.  Guess I should have taken the fringe risk more seriously. Just assumed it would pull the last minute north bump to save me as usual. 

How much did you get PSU? This one wasnt the big one for us westerners either. But a nice event all the same.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. Another band of moderate snow moving to north for us western folks. I may have called this one too soon. May get that bonus inch after all.

Euro gives you another 1-2" between 1pm and when it shuts off. Little weenie band. Never know with precip like this. Hope it works out for you.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic