Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We're close. I'm on the norbeck side of Rockville and have 11.4. Still snowing and sticking. Lol. Silver spring/wheaton/rockville/derwood did very well. We all have about the same. Very memorable storm. 

Got it up here in the outskirts of Germantown too.

One storm I got as much snow as I did last winter lol.

unfortunately no board to take good measurements with, but I did find somewhere between 5-6" for the first wave and 7+ inches just now with snow nearly stopped here in Gaithersburg (NE side, near Laytonsville).  So, around a foot, probably with some compaction especially with wave 1.  Sure was easy to shovel the 2nd wave, SO light and fluffy!  Now will wait for my cul-de-sac to be plowed out...

Measured a little over 11'' in Olney. We really hit the jackpot here with this one, and I for one am thoroughly satisfied! I'm hoping this is a good indicator for things to come with the pattern shift on the 20th. I am a bit winded from the obs and storm-tracking -- I forgot how much energy and attention storm monitoring involves.

Gotta love being a green-badger and having to go in while our client is home tomorrow.

That complaint out of the way, it was a great weekend. Despite being mostly shut out in the last few hours, ended just shy of 10”. Had such a blast with the kids (6 and 16 months) today - two rounds of sledding and a lot of snow eating! :lol:

• Like 1

Unofficial storm measurement for me in Brookeville, MD so far is 13 inches measured by what has accumulated on my trash can. Of course there could be some compacting going on there. Completely cleared the car and driveway at 1 PM and the car has gained a fresh 8 inches of very light fluffy snow on top since then. Quite the storm here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Gotta love being a green-badger and having to go in while our client is home tomorrow.

That complaint out of the way, it was a great weekend. Despite being mostly shut out in the last few hours, ended just shy of 10”. Had such a blast with the kids (6 and 16 months) today - two rounds of sledding and a lot of snow eating! :lol:

I’m a green badger and was told I cannot come in as green badgers are not allowed if blue badgers are not there to watch us.  Go figure. 

It just wont stop out here. Not really expecting much more in the way of accums. But it is still snowing lightly. Just took the dog on a nice long walk. Gorgeous out. Picked up 3.3 inches with the ull. Total for the storm is 8.6 inches. Did WAY better than I expected after the lull we had overnight. Congrats guys/gals to the east. Pretty epic storm for you all!

Just now, BristowWx said:

I’m a green badger and was told I cannot come in as green badgers are not allowed if blue badgers are not there to watch us.  Go figure. 

Gotta love the govvie-contractor relationship/rules and how they differ from agency to agency. Thing is...my client will probably think we’re dumb when I tell them we went in. :lol:

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just curious, what do you have on the ground right now? I'm near Robinson and only have about 7".

11 minutes ago, winterymix said:

Reisterstown 4.7

Congrats to those in the greater DC area that scored.

This is INSANE to me. I 70 was like a brick wall. Reports of 10-12” all around ec, Columbia, etc And reports of 4-6” in NW Baltimore county. What a crazy gradient. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic