Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

23 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Afternoon moco death band(s) exceeded my wildest expectations. Incredible storm on all levels. Tracking for days and serious overperformance. Rare occurrence...

It definitely helped to boost the morale on this forum. Especially after 3 terrible years. And this was supposed to be no big deal. I think most are satisfied (except Ji, of course). And probably the Northern MD crew. 

7 minutes ago, cae said:

I'm in Towson.  It looks like I should be on the edge of that band, but there's not a flake in the sky.

I think the issue is with the radar. For some reason it depicts the bands a bit further north than where they actually are. I noticed that myself in Woodlawn when the radar showed me on the southern edge, yet it was ripping. But then further north on 695 into supposedly better returns, it tapered off.

Seems like I-70 is the cutoff between the haves and have-nots.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

It definitely helped to boost the morale on this forum. Especially after 3 terrible years. And this was supposed to be no big deal. I think most are satisfied (except Ji, of course). And probably the Northern MD crew. 

It was so good, heck even I am satisfied (given the fact I am out of town lol). Damn good overperformer! I have stuff to do down here and I am officially behind, because I cannot stop reading this topic. Its engrossing and addictive lol

I couldnt tear myself away from the radar either lol

• Like 3

70 is definitely the cut off. Glad I live south of it for once lol!

PS- that death band is STILL moving north, not ESE... wtf is going on?! More bands blossoming to our south and heading this way as well. This thing eventually has to rotate out, which means that band could come back overhead 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic