Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, Fozz said:

So painfully close, but up here north of 695 it's flurries, even though I'm in the dark green. 

Heh.  I'm inside the beltway, but I'm somehow still in the light green.  The HoCo-MoCo death band is for real.

107 pages in the obs thread for this storm and 104 in the model discussion threads.  Good ratio.

• Haha 1

Just now, snowmagnet said:

When you all officially measure, do you measure, scrape, then measure later, and keep adding totals throughout the day?  I feel like it’s bedn snowing quite a while, but I still have just around 7.5. 

Use a snowboard, measure the snow that accumulates on it periodically. After each measurement clean the board. After the storm is done, add em up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Can confirm the death band. moco to HoCo getting womped on right now. It’s snowing so hard out there. 

CONGRATS! This, is a very very good time for a nice, leisurely jebwalk.

You know its good when you gotta walk backwards against the snow because you can't even see where you're going.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Moco is getting raked. Radar looks like yellow french fries 

Can definitely confirm that. Went on a 30 min walk and it's just pouring snow, my hair stood no match.. must've had like a half inch accumulate on it by the time I got back home.

I measured something like 8.5 inches on the grass near a local road so I think we had somewhere between 9 or 9.5'' so far correcting for compaction. 

47 minutes ago, yoda said:

@nj2va @mattie g

Those around me, how much do you have at 6pm?  I measured just over 8.5

Haven’t measured recently, but I had 7.75 as of 3:00.

Expecting I’m about done because I see being stuck in subsidence between the Montgomery County band and the one south of us. Great storm though.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic