Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Officially 1" new snow.  Brings total to 5.25"  Pouring snow right now...

Wow! Over 5". Nice . I70 in washington,county was kind of the deviding line. I'm just under 3" and I've seem some 5 to 6" reports in the southern parts. I think the models really nailed the cut off of this storm really well.

3 minutes ago, das said:

Excellent!  If u get a total later tonight, can u PM it to me?  I don’t land at DCA until 7am tomorrow so I’ll miss measuring when it’s done. 

Oh, and, you will get dumped on over the next hour. Fun. 

Sure.  We should pass 8" with the rates we are getting now.  Even our street that were treated this afternoon just caved......

2 minutes ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

Moderate snow all fatties. Pouring.

IAD is going to get to 10"

Roads, sidewalks and driveways have caved

Winter wonderland outside!

Heavy snow in central Moco.  (I'm officially in Derwood, but am closer to Redland than Derwood)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The greens in between the yellows in moco are still mod snow just with smaller flakes. I'm over 8" now and 9" is becoming more likely every time i look at radar.

We finally switched over to Snow here in Southern Stafford and the radar looks good enough to me for the moment around EZF. My sister in MoCo said snowing Heavily up that way! Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

We were due for something negative.  Assume that’s what you mean.  

Nope... it's a nova/moco/dc crush job. Pushing .40 by 10pm in places. I'm skeptical of radar extrapolated models with upper level stuff. This stuff is prob going to lose dynamics/lift and lighten up in place. Right now is crazy though.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The greens in between the yellows in moco are still mod snow just with smaller flakes. I'm over 8" now and 9" is becoming more likely every time i look at radar.

I'm sitting in the dark greens right now with the yellow band literally a couple of miles away at most and backing into me and it's not snowing above a light snow shower. Not sure what gives.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

I'm sitting in the dark greens right now with the yellow band literally a couple of miles away at most and backing into me and it's not snowing above a light snow shower. Not sure what gives.

Give it some time. Beam is reflecting up a ways in the column. Takes some time for snow to fall thousands of feet. Lol

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic