Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

7 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Ripping dendrites in Germantown, what is going on here? I thought this event was over and I missed it while being sick last night. Totally gonna get more accums out of this!

This is what happens with a 2 part storm. You havent experienced one yet but we get them. Feb 2014 had a nice one where i got 13" with the waa piece then big lull followed up by 3.25" in 2 hours as the upper level energy rolled through. The best part about upper level energy is it's unstable air with great snow growth. Bursts of heavy high ratio stuff like you're seeing right now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

dang, so 6.5" does seem low. Guess I'll have to mix family/spotter/poster reports.

Anyways we are probably around 4.1" in Charlottesville, I'll allow myself to add a tenth since it's been snowing here for 6 hours since I measured.

My measurements aren’t official or anything.  The 7” measurement was made by an 8 year old sticking a ruler in the ground.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

I see all that snow to my south towards Winchester. How far north does it make it? MD line?

I hope so. I've been watching it for the last few hours. It's moving so slow im afraid it's going to start the pivot south and east before it gets here. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Holy crap. My 14 year old son has been shoveling since 9am. Just walked in the door with $315. Reminds me of me when i was 14. He has 1 more job and is going to buy a refurbed macbook. Love it. I used to buy beer and other stuff with my shoveling money. I must be doing something right as a dad... lol

Fantastic Bob - no doubt you are doing a lot of things the right way beyond being part of the foundation here.  That's great.  Can only imagine how proud your son is going to be too.  Real life learning opportunities like this are too infrequent these days...   

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic