Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro had a 1-2" weenie jackpot over your house between 18-0z. Would be crazy accurate if that verifies.

I wonder how much if it has to do with elevation and lift? I am on top of a mountain and it is rare for bands to move in from the south here. They usually move in from the west which gives the western facing slopes the advantage from orographic lift.

Holy crap. My 14 year old son has been shoveling since 9am. Just walked in the door with $315. Reminds me of me when i was 14. He has 1 more job and is going to buy a refurbed macbook. Love it. I used to buy beer and other stuff with my shoveling money. I must be doing something right as a dad... lol

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

There's a delay between radar picking up dendrites and the time they hit the ground. It will still be snowing nicely after the returns move away. 

Thanks, Bob. I suppose snow does fall a lot slower than rain. Indeed, it's really picking up now. Nice to have daytime snow accumulating on top of last night's base. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Holy crap. My 14 year old son has been shoveling since 9am. Just walked in the door with $315. Reminds me of me when i was 14. He has 1 more job and is going to buy a refurbed macbook. Love it. I used to buy beer and other stuff with my shoveling money.stuff I must be doing something right as a dad... lol

Congrats!  That is an industrious young man there.  Lot of kids these days are content to just sit around.

Steady light snow 2 miles NE of Germantown, with larger flakes mixing in.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Holy crap. My 14 year old son has been shoveling since 9am. Just walked in the door with $315. Reminds me of me when i was 14. He has 1 more job and is going to buy a refurbed macbook. Love it. I used to buy beer and other stuff with my shoveling money. I must be doing something right as a dad... lol

Holy smokes imagine making that much money for doing something so easy

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Geez. Jeb needs to move back to your area. He would be a millionaire :)

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic