Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

12 minutes ago, Scraff said:

It stings I know. I’m with you man. It wasn’t a celebration Jebwalk last night, but somehow I still enjoyed it...because you know...snow. :)

Hell I still haven't totally recovered from the Indians losing in extra innings of game 7 vs. the Cubs two seasons ago...or for that matter also losing game 7 in extras vs. the Marlins in 1997!

• Sad 1

Here's my post for right now. Wow this was a fun event. Just last week we were 60 degrees and rain was in the forecast. Most of us have from 3-6" of snow after what most would say was a really slow start to winter. What a great Sunday morning if you like snow and cold temps and winter. 

• Like 9

After I last posted at 7am that things look quiet around Baltimore City with 2-3 on the ground, things really picked up, with some moderate rates and larger flakes. I just measure 4 inches. That's what I had initially hoped for early in the week, but after yesterday's runs I was starting to expect 5 or 6, so I hope we can get another 1-2 inches before it ends.

• Like 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Here's my post for right now. Wow this was a fun event. Just last week we were 60 degrees and rain was in the forecast. Most of us have from 3-6" of snow after what most would say was a really slow start to winter. What a great Sunday morning if you like snow and cold temps and winter. 

But I’m in a lull and i don’t know when its going to start snowing again.  And i think i hear dripping.  Is that the sun?  When will it snow again? It feels like it’ll never snow again.  HELP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol I’ll survive. Bring fringed here is rare because with upslope from the 1000 ft ridges we get higher ratios and usually a mini qpf max so even if I was “fringed” at the synoptic level at the meso level I can take what would have been .15 qpf and bump it to .25 with upslope then go 20-1 ratio and boom 5”. That’s what happens a lot. But that all falls apart if I don’t get into good enough lift to get the ball rolling. This time the fringe was real because the northern most band set up just to my south and I was stuck in the subsidence of that a lot.  I think some places north of me did slightly better from the modest waa wave but I might have been hurt by the sinking around that band that dropped 4-5” just to my south. 

Yeah. I watched the whole extended radar loop from the night and you were just missing the good stuff to the south. Hampstead probably cashed it was that close. At least it snowed to break the snowless drought and my god does the long range look sweet. I can't wait to be home for next week. I fly in by Noon Friday and by then, we should be tracking a pretty formidable event or two in the near future. Enjoy the snow with your fam. And you know, that whole football game today ;)

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic