Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Still find that hard to believe but the models say it will snow for a while.  I still feel like I will wake up tomorrow and the back edge will be incoming fast.  We shall see.  

There could be a pause or some dead space before we get into ccb and there are no guarantees we'll get that piece. Guidance sim radars all look great through mid morning easy. Who knows... might have over 6" by then...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I am just an ordinary person that likes to walk in snowy conditions, lol. I probably am a bit too obsessed with the stuff.

Now, YOU are a Living Legend. You are the guy that knows storms. You KNOW patterns. You should have a red met tag. Your posts are GOLD. My posts take up bandwidth, lol.

Give this man a RED TAG stat.

Seriously! My kids for years always ask if we can go on Jebwalk....like that’s literally the term for peaceful walking in snowy conditions. So cool....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

What is a jebwalk

It's like communion during mass, it's a deep-rooted tradition -named after Jebman- of walking through a snowstorm for the sole reason of admiring the scenery. Now that you know, you should go take one and snap some photos 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

That banding out by Hagerstown looks like it's heading our way...

Was there really a doubt? I've witnessed countless events where guidance underestimated snowfall in your region. It's not a coincidence. The orographic influence is real. Especially with easterly low level flow.

17 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I am just an ordinary person that likes to walk in snowy conditions, lol. I probably am a bit too obsessed with the stuff.

Now, YOU are a Living Legend. You are the guy that knows storms. You KNOW patterns. You should have a red met tag. Your posts are GOLD. My posts take up bandwidth, lol.

Give this man a RED TAG stat.

Jebman, sorry for butting in. You and your posts literally symbolize the epitome of the enthusiasm that drives half the board to be weather enthusiasts. I honestly don't think this forum [and the predecessor] would be the same without your posts. Don't trivialize them! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Correlation coefficient radar shows the sleet line has gotten north of Richmond, hopefully it stays south of most of us . 

You’ll be alright in Bowie, sir. Dc proper and southern MD should be okay. South of 66 could run into problem if this storm truly has trended 25+ miles north. Models showed the potential of a warm layer intrusion in the SE quadrant of the storm for days. Think many assumed it would be all snow but more coastal development can easily rush warm air on the SE flank as cold air wraps around the NW. 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I hope the whole coast gets destroyed for 8 straight weeks and we ALL talk about this winter and how great it was.

2015 was actually pretty good here from Valentines day into late March. I got at least  30" during that stretch and my normal annual is around 22-24". 2013-14 was better but back to back good years. 

Very true. The whole metro coast really did get in on a lot of good action. Really stood out here with the over 100” in the second half for KBOS. Something I’ll never see again most likely 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic