Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Had 3" at midnight so more now. Had a blast in the woods with the teen kids and dog. Snowing nicely the whole time. Crazy how peacefull 3" of snow can be during the night. Snow and sky made it bright enough that we only used flashlights in the rocky parts. Made me want to camp there. Lol

Models and radar look great. We got really lucky here.

Yep, It’s an easy snow to be outside in. No wind, snow not melty,  cold but not very.

4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

LOL! Thanks, but the walks I do are really not that important. Not even close.

Hey man, you are literally a living legend. I'm positive there are at least 1000 people that know exactly what a Jebwalk is and many of them have probably used the term. Think about that... awesome

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

What is a jebwalk

A walk in the snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc..., spent laughing at inexperienced people walking around like penguins and sometimes accompanied by the shoveling of snow into ridiculously tall piles that glaciate till June. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

The term 'jebwalk' is a legendary name for a walk done typically with headphones blasting favorite songs. This is usually done in the presence of heavy snow, especially if the snow is wind driven, which generates an extremely contagious excitement that can only be expressed by the Jebman himself.

FTFY

29/27 and coming down!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey man, you are literally a living legend. I'm positive there are at least 1000 people that know exactly what a Jebwalk is and many of them have probably used the term. Think about that... awesome

Many have used the term to our significant others when they ask what the hell we're doing putting our boots and gloves on to go wander around in a snowstorm at midnight lmao

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I am just an ordinary person that likes to walk in snowy conditions, lol. I probably am a bit too obsessed with the stuff.

Now, YOU are a Living Legend. You are the guy that knows storms. You KNOW patterns. You should have a red met tag. Your posts are GOLD. My posts take up bandwidth, lol.

Give this man a RED TAG stat.

• Like 9

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Yea, i started my bar at 2" minimum but bumped to 4" this morning. I'll be at 4 shortly and we still have as much as 18 hours to go. Lol

Still find that hard to believe but the models say it will snow for a while.  I still feel like I will wake up tomorrow and the back edge will be incoming fast.  We shall see.  

Just now, Jebman said:

I am just an ordinary person that likes to walk in snowy conditions, lol. I probably am a bit too obsessed with the stuff.

Now, YOU are a Living Legend. You are the guy that knows storms. You KNOW patterns. You should have a red met tag. Your posts are GOLD. My posts take up bandwidth, lol.

Give this man a RED TAG stat.

Appreciate it but nah, there would be too much pressure. I'd be scared to bust forecasts. Being a weenie makes it fun. I can say whatever i want and not be held accountable for it

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rhode Islander in Balto said:

Just off Old Harford, a few blocks south of Taylor.  If I wasn’t sick right now, I’d probably be at Racer’s throwing a few back :)

I love Racers'.  I'm off Belair a little south of Glenmore.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic