Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Temperature has gone up 0.4 in the past hour. I walk outside and hear 'drip, drip, drip'.

i know, i just played basketball outside in shorts and a tshirt.  took me a while to sweep the 2.5" of snow off the court, but i got it done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@psuhoffman if you look at current radar out in Washington county it appears there's more of a ene trajectory on that band .  It might catch us :)

The band in south Carroll and Frederick is making a move to the north now  ....  stretching north I should say.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

TSIP?  Has to be a rare observation

14 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Very interesting! Course I am sure you'd rather it be thunder snow. 

My neighbor even texted me and was wondering wtf was going on. It’s been when the waves of heavier echoes had come through. Very cool although yes thunder snow would’ve been much better. 

Short term I’m not seeing as much northerly trajectory on the banding to our south as I’d like. We have been stuck in really light stuff as south of us gets the goods. Actually have been getting fringed. If that band can shift 10 miles north...but it looks like that’s going to be a struggle. 
The real question is does and banding with the upper level vort pass make it up here tomorrow. If we can pull off 2-3” from that, that’s how we can still get a win here.  We are definitely living on the edge with this one. Hopefully this isn’t the real fringe finally catching up with us. 
Thanks crankywxguy
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

11:30 PM. 3.0 West Woodbridge.  Very light snow currently, but will pick up soon. Just .75in over the last 2 hours. My chips are all in on phase 1 of this event. I still dont trust the coastal.  Love this event though.  

You'll get shellacked tomorrow, from the coastal. Congrats on the snow. It is good to hear that my hometown already has 3 three inches of the white gold.

You will be a  true believer by tomorrow night.

Just now, dman said:

Closing in on 8 hours since snow began, about 1.5" on deck, grass covered, neighborhood streets have light coating.  30.2F, light snow with small flakes with some occasional larger flakes.

So inch per 8 hour rates.  Won’t break any records but still a win

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
40 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
Short term I’m not seeing as much northerly trajectory on the banding to our south as I’d like. We have been stuck in really light stuff as south of us gets the goods. Actually have been getting fringed. If that band can shift 10 miles north...but it looks like that’s going to be a struggle. 
The real question is does and banding with the upper level vort pass make it up here tomorrow. If we can pull off 2-3” from that, that’s how we can still get a win here.  We are definitely living on the edge with this one. Hopefully this isn’t the real fringe finally catching up with us. 

Thanks crankywxguy

Go enjoy your snow. You are getting crushed. If this bumps north I’ll be fine. If it doesn’t oh well I always win it’s your turn. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic