Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Pavement finally trying to cave in Charlottesville. Been rough so far.

Hanging around 30, can’t measure right now.

Hopefully we get up in the dark blues by 1am. Epic winter so far. Big snow back on Dec 9 and again now with plenty more opps around the corner. Count our blessings...this is awesome

• Like 1

Hopefully we get up in the dark blues by 1am. Epic winter so far. Big snow back on Dec 9 and again now with plenty more opps around the corner. Count our blessings...this is awesome

I missed December 9th, so I’m not feeling the joy. Gonna remove myself from the forum and radar for awhile and take a walk and enjoy what I’ve got.
  • Like 1

It is looking very good for much of the Mid Atlantic thru the overnight. LOTS of moisture and energy incoming. Relax and enjoy this --- You are all going to get a lot of snow. Sunday looks very fun indeed with more snow, possibly well into the night!

This amazing storm, is only the beginning.............

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea..that band southwest of frederick is getting real nice 

Short term I’m not seeing as much northerly trajectory on the banding to our south as I’d like. We have been stuck in really light stuff as south of us gets the goods. Actually have been getting fringed. If that band can shift 10 miles north...but it looks like that’s going to be a struggle. 

The real question is does and banding with the upper level vort pass make it up here tomorrow. If we can pull off 2-3” from that, that’s how we can still get a win here.  We are definitely living on the edge with this one. Hopefully this isn’t the real fringe finally catching up with us. 

4 minutes ago, EB89 said:

Good stuff here in Frederick as other posters have said. Also, is radar scope really worth the $10? Do I have to buy any other subscriptions?

You can buy the optional $10 a year subscription that unlocks more feautures like lightning, dual screen and other things. It’s worth it if you’re a big severe guy.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic