• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

I’m in Lothian, MD, at the very southern tip of Anne Arundel County and my temps are now rising which is surprising to me. When snow started we went from 34/24, dropped to 28/26 at the lowest point but now back up to 32.6/29 and it’s still snowing moderately. Hoping this trend doesn’t continue. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

Western for me please!  @nw baltimore wxwill take egg, ham and cheese on white toast

I kid you not that white toast and butter is a huge weakness for me. I love it. I'd finish my paper route as a kid and ride circles on my Stingray outside my grandmother's house until she'd come outside and say, "Son number 3, come on in and have something to eat!" She made the best toast because she always had a stick of real butter softened on the counter in a covered dish. Damn, she was a great cook!

By the way, it's snowing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mbusada said:

I’m in Lothian, MD, at the very southern tip of Anne Arundel County and my temps are now rising which is surprising to me. When snow started we went from 34/24, dropped to 28/26 at the lowest point but now back up to 32.6/29 and it’s still snowing moderately. Hoping this trend doesn’t continue. 

It’s all for the cause.  But you are dancing on the line.  Hold it back.  If you need help let me know I will be upstairs asleep 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

A Western Omelet from Eastern Market, DC along with the potatoes is wonderful thing.  The French Toast, too.

Meanwhile, another lull along the Alexandria/Fairfax County line. 

Funny how there's a southern and northern border of the same city/county.

22 minutes ago, shoshanaz said:

>1.25" accumulation (measured about 10 pm), 27F and snowing at a good rate.  Just inside the Baltimore city line near Greenspring Ave. 

winter-800x600.jpg

Lol my parents and siblings live within a block of here. Always can tell what’s city and county based on how cleaned up the roads are after snow  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Yes! BTW I bet those ratios right now up in PSUland are about 12:1 - 14:1 right now.. temps there are in the mid 20s lol closer to upper 20s

25/22 here now, just got to an inch.  Snowing steady now...but ratio's don't seem all that high att.  I don't think I have had heavy enough rates or enough lift to get truly high ratios.  I would guess around 11 or 12-1 right now.  Nothing really special.  I get over 15-1 ratios on this ridge a LOT.  Many of my biggest storms the local coop recorded over 15-1.  Around 17-1 is common.  To get those ratios you need to get into dome decent banding and better lift though, if its snowing very lightly with needles that isn't going to get it done.  If I can actually get into some banding tomorrow like the 3k says...that is when I can really clean up and pile up numbers with very little qpf.  Upper low passes up here with upslope enhancement are awesome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

gfs doesn't have much precip after sundown tomorrow.  i think tomorrow morning into early afternoon is our window for the best rates.

Can’t snow forever I suppose.  Would like to see it keep going until sunset.  Not really confident in that but I can hope. 

2 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

Lol my parents and siblings live within a block of here. Always can tell what’s city and county based on how cleaned up the roads are after snow  

So totally true.  The city is not so good with clearing.  The county does much better -- and we are just outside the city line by a block and a half.  Looks like close to 2" now.   Falling steadily, but not hard.  I wish my son had remembered to bring my grandkids boots (they are visiting from Rockville for the weekend).  May have to fashion something out of plastic bags and rubber band.  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic