Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, yoda said:

3km NAM has an intense band in S MD at 05z MON

Don't get wrong... i want the nams to be right. One thing that gives it credence is the mix line has moved very close to dc. The low has come in a good bit further north and west than originally thought... heh. I guess we can expect a meso discussion soon with a curly oval around our houses....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm pretty skeptical of that honestly. Looks good digitally but departing lows off the coast and no vigorous closed ull tracking through likely means the backside stuff will underperform.

So true. Often the case here. I’m hoping the coastal performs like it says on paper—again, I’m always hesitant with these transfers but these bands are holding true to form. Looking forward to some heavier flakes after midnight. 

1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

Dendrites have finally arrived, but they'll leave quickly as the lull starts. Eyeballing about 2 inches, hoping to get 1 or 2 more tonight before temperatures get above freezing tomorrow.

Try being informed instead of being opinionated.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't get wrong... i want the nams to be right. One thing that gives it credence is the mix line has moved very close to dc. The low has come in a good bit further north and west than originally thought... heh. I guess we can expect a meso discussion soon with a curly oval around our houses....

A meso would be the cherry on the banana split

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic