Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Really pretty scene outside.  Light snow falling (flake size definitely improved), coating on grass/mulch, and sidewalks starting to cave.  Am I the only person who doesn’t look at radar once the storm starts?  I just want to enjoy what’s falling and not worry over dry slots and back edges.  

That’s me also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Really pretty scene outside.  Light snow falling (flake size definitely improved), coating on grass/mulch, and sidewalks starting to cave.  Am I the only person who doesn’t look at radar once the storm starts?  I just want to enjoy what’s falling and not worry over dry slots and back edges.  

I'm the same way!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Hope you keep on reporting snow because man, that's an ugly dry slot behind this initial band of precip.  It looked like it was filling in an hour or so ago but that would really kink things up for everyone.

Holy crap guys. Did you read the models over the past week? Or just look at QPF output?

there are two portions of this storm my man. InItial waa snows and then from the main low. There is supposed to be a gap and lull in precip until this thing gets going and consolidates 

please stop with the jumping over the edge posts 1 hour into the event. 

• Like 1

Just now, real said:

After the dry slot that appears to be heading for the DMV, what time is the snow supposed to start back up again tonight?

For folks north of I66 there may be no lull at all. The area of precip in WV is moving west. Radar is filling back in already. We're in a really good spot for this event

• Like 5

Here in Augusta County:

Part 1 gave me over an inch, then there was a lull in which it never stopped snowing.  Now entering Part 2 of the storm which should have the most qpf and the best returns .  Snow is picking up and radar looks juicy to my sw.  Part 3 on Monday that some models are showing would be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic