Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

'You Rang'.....What about the m/d line :D

.50 just south of you but it looks like .40 easy. Once its out on tt we'll have a better idea. Fantastic trends in the short range. Good thing we have wiggle room with the mids and surface! If we were walking the line 24 hours ago it would be a disaster. Lol

• Like 3

Just now, weatherCCB said:

LoL.    How’s it going brother. Haven’t  been posting much because of work stuff.  I’m thinking 6 to 8 for our yards.

31/22  Landscape whitening up

I've been reluctant to move above 4-6" but 6"+ looking better every model suite. Every once in a while we get a reverse bust. Still doesn't come close to all the heartbreak over the years...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This won’t be your only one this season. But enjoy. First is always the best. 

I liken it to going fishing. Sometimes you get skunked on multiple outings, sometimes you get a lot of nibbles. I've gotten 2 years of nibbles since "starting" winterwx. This is my first real possible bite and I'm just trying to set that damn hook.

Speaking of which, brother, you and I should go fishing this spring :)

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

.50 just south of you but it looks like .40 easy. Once its out on tt we'll have a better idea. Fantastic trends in the short range. Good thing we have wiggle room with the mids and surface! If we were walking the line 24 hours ago it would be a disaster. Lol

.4 should be ~6” up here and that’s sweet. Don’t care what happens south of me if I get 5-6”. Hope you get a foot. I’m not like Ji I don’t need to be the jack every time. It’s more about meeting or beating expectations going in and at least covering the ground. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I've been reluctant to move above 4-6" but 6"+ looking better every model suite. Every once in a while we get a reverse bust. Still doesn't come close to all the heartbreak over the years...

True...the heartbreak events tend to stick with you, I agree.  But man, these reverse busts are awesome when they do happen!  Others have said this I think already, but this event kind of makes me think of Jan. 30, 2010.

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

I liken it to going fishing. Sometimes you get skunked on multiple outings, sometimes you get a lot of nibbles. I've gotten 2 years of nibbles since "starting" winterwx. This is my first real possible bite and I'm just trying to set that damn hook.

Speaking of which, brother, you and I should go fishing this spring :)

Sure. I took Stephen fishing up at Codorus SP a couple times last summer. I’m no expert but we got a few bites. He was excited to catch his first fish.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic