• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Age Survey

moneypitmike

Inspired by age comments in the Discussion thread.....how old are you?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

On 1/11/2019 at 8:03 AM, mahk_webstah said:

Jeff you are in your 60s with young kids?  You also had a kid late Jerry?  I should talk to each of you off-line because we are going to make a decision in the next three months about whether to have a couple of kids. Hard to imagine being in my early 70s with the kid just graduating high school.

Hi Mark.  I'll be 49 in May, and my wife is 26 weeks pregnant.  Our baby girl is due in April.  I understand the apprehension, but I feel so incredibly blessed to have another opportunity to care for and raise another baby.... especially, since it will be the first with my second, and truly wonderful wife, unlike my ex! 

Good luck to you with whatever you may decide.  If you do have one at a more advanced age, it will have been the right time, regardless, considering any other moment, and that particular baby/child wouldn't exist.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Hi Mark.  I'll be 49 in May, and my wife is 26 weeks pregnant.  Our baby girl is due in April.  I understand the apprehension, but I feel so incredibly blessed to have another opportunity to care for and raise another baby.... especially, since it will be the first with my second, and truly wonderful wife, unlike my ex! 

Good luck to you with whatever you may decide.  If you do have one at a more advanced age, it will have been the right time, regardless, considering any other moment, and that particular baby/child wouldn't exist.  

Thank you very much.  I believe that.  I trust myself, and I believe whatever happens will be what it will be.  My partner and I have a lot to offer a child, but of course so do most every parent, given that love is at the top of the list.

• Like 2

28. I started posting at eastern when I was 13 or so due to PDII. I don’t completely how I found eastern but I think it had something to do with a blog an nyc channel 2 meteorologist posted that referenced it. I missed the wright weather board days but eastern was definitely something, especially when everything was on one board rather than the sub regions we have now lol

Also I’m surprised by the lack of people <25. Are they all on the NYC subforum or is weather just not cool with the newest generation? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Speaking of joining the boards.....I started over 20 years ago.  Initially mirc and ne.weather.  Later wright-weather bb in 2001.  I was (I believe) the 4th person signing up for eastern.   Weenie for many decades.  Early memories from the 1954 hurricanes.

I started on ne.weather around 98 and followed the same path you did to get here.   I remember DT screaming at me, if you can imagine that, calling my obs in ne.weather bogus after my area unexpectedly flipped to snow during a spring storm, I don’t recall exactly which one that was though at this point. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, weathafella said:

Speaking of joining the boards.....I started over 20 years ago.  Initially mirc and ne.weather.  Later wright-weather bb in 2001.  I was (I believe) the 4th person signing up for eastern.   Weenie for many decades.  Early memories from the 1954 hurricanes.

Carol I only read about, and we caught just the west edge of Edna - dad, older bro and I flew a kite during its strongest winds at our place.  Hazel was much stronger, one of only 2 storms I've seen that plastered outside walls with minced leaves (the other was a June gale in Maine, working with tender early leaves rather than tough old October foliage.)  Hazel is either 3rd or 4th strongest winds I've experienced - similar to Bob - with the 1950 Apps storm and the 1962 NYE backside winds from the (distant from NNJ) BGR blizzard about tied for the top.   Those three 1954 'canes were a family affair, however, tagging a cousin, aunt, and great aunt, in that order.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 1:15 AM, Sn0waddict said:

28. I started posting at eastern when I was 13 or so due to PDII. I don’t completely how I found eastern but I think it had something to do with a blog an nyc channel 2 meteorologist posted that referenced it. I missed the wright weather board days but eastern was definitely something, especially when everything was on one board rather than the sub regions we have now lol

Also I’m surprised by the lack of people <25. Are they all on the NYC subforum or is weather just not cool with the newest generation? 

The younger generation mostly sticks to social media platforms now../twitter, Facebook, etc. 

I can't properly relay meteorological discussion using just a few lines so I don't bother with them. Sticking to forums works for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The younger generation mostly sticks to social media platforms now../twitter, Facebook, etc. 

I can't properly relay meteorological discussion using just a few lines so I don't bother with them. Sticking to forums works for me. 

I've grown to despise FB, Twitter.  I deleted my FB account and I never use my Twitter account anymore.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Seldom on FB, Never on twitter.

Originally joined FB because it compacted grandkid pics such that our (then) dial-up would download in 2 minutes rather than 20 (or 60.)  Family and close friends are still mostly what I do there; at my age I can't understand why one would FB-friend many hundreds.  My 25 or so is plenty.