Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14, 2019 Storm Discussion STORM MODE

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Can someone post 6z euro QPF so we can compare? It might have been posted but I missed it. 

12z went up by .1 generaly. Like by .4 compared to the I'll fated 18z run

This storm has a slim chance at even making you happy. I really liked the 12z suite. Much of the snowfall is uncomplicated. Complicated stuff could boost things but at the very least a very good (and cold) event is on tap. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

so that got your attention?  lol  

Perhaps there is still more variance left to this than we were thinking.  

Everything looked awful for days. Would you have forecasted 4-8” given that elongated sheared mess that was simulated? Interesting developments, let’s see if it continues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This storm has a slim chance at even making you happy. I really liked the 12z suite. Much of the snowfall is uncomplicated. Complicated stuff could boost things but at the very least a very good (and cold) event is on tap. 
I love the event. I hated people saying they would love 1-2 after a crazy number of hours tracking the storm

Just now, Ji said:
10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I love the event. I hated people saying they would love 1-2 after a crazy number of hours tracking the storm

Some of the typical MA climo trends are breaking in our favor. One of the things that's helping is the same stronger confluence that cut totals in PA northward is working to maximize the waa piece here. There could be an W-E oriented band (or bands) set up during that. I'm like 100% sure one of them will be along the northern tier. DCA is in an unusually good spot though. Nice to see DC and NOVA near the qpf max on most guidance. 

• Like 1

Lucker from New Hampshire where Im close to 45" on the season.  Good luck down there.  Just looking at upcoming temps after the storm and whatever falls stays on the ground for you to enjoy for quite some time.  10-15F overnight lows in the Balt/DC area will make it feel like deep winter.   Good luck and enjoy.  (Although Southern New Englanders meltdown as yet another miss)

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Perfect. A little bump from 6z. Great short term trends here. 

This panel shows how close 95 and close burbs are from coastal action. Much better than 0z

6cnGWpy.jpg

With the different look at H5, seems that the storm is still evolving with approx. 24 hours to kickoff, is that a correct assumption?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic