• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 12-14, 2019 Storm Discussion STORM MODE

WxUSAF

My general thought hasn't really wavered at all with the setup, but I will wait for the Euro this afternoon before putting out a first call and final call early tomorrow morning. In all honesty, I really like LWX snowfall graphic, but I would add a few adjustments in terms of orographic favored areas. There is definitely boom/bust potential with this one, but I think we're beginning to see a greater boom potential compared to a bust. This shortwave was able to generate a fair amount of precip out this way and greater than most guidance. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I agree with Bob.  Have family down there so I get reports...bad ones but still something.  If there is any pingers they would be east of the fall line/95 is my guess but I don't think its an issue either until maybe Caroline County. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EZF is almost certainly not going to mix. I wouldn't worry about that. It's possible but even if the mix line approaches you'll make up for it with bigger QPF. 

Thank you both for the info, hopefully we all cash in with a very nice storm area wide

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Too bad it's the FV3...that would be an okay weekend event for everyone.

Meso's are juicing up and the Fv3 isn't that far fetched... If the euro ups the ante then 12z was very good. There's not a person in this sub wouldn't wouldn't be happy with this qpf distribution...

fv3p_apcpn_neus_13.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Everyone should look at SW OH and the sig bump in qpf on the ukie. As this storm progresses, ops keep bumping up the qpf in the waa piece. It's continuing. Of course we have to deal with the lee side of the apps and such but there has been a universal trend in the midwest/oh valley to increase QPF as leads shorten. We're next at 18z and 0z tonight... hopefully...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Everyone should look at SW OH and the sig bump in qpf on the ukie. As this storm progresses, ops keep bumping up the qpf in the waa piece. It's continuing. Of course we have to deal with the lee side of the apps and such but there has been a universal trend in the midwest/oh valley to increase QPF as leads shorten. We're next at 18z and 0z tonight... hopefully...

This sounds eerily similar to a Tenman post telling us to look at the snow in KY and baro in Syracuse, NY to know if it will snow or not

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'm sooo looking forward to the radar hallucinations tonight and tomorrow morning... One of my favorite parts of tracking storms. 

It's going to be nice to have a solid wintry day on Saturday and a wakeup to a beautiful scene on Sunday. It has been awhile

• Like 6

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

It's going to be nice to have a solid wintry day on Saturday and a wakeup to a beautiful scene on Sunday. It has been awhile

Cold storms are the best. They can transform the entire landscape in an hour. I'm already planning my illegal late night hike with my son and dog in the woods at the nature center tomorrow night. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Meso's are juicing up and the Fv3 isn't that far fetched... If the euro ups the ante then 12z was very good. There's not a person in this sub wouldn't wouldn't be happy with this qpf distribution...

fv3p_apcpn_neus_13.png

That appears to be an acceptable QPF distribution with the maxima in the appropriate and expected location based on the latest meso output.  

Just now, BristowWx said:

That appears to be an acceptable QPF distribution with the maxima in the appropriate and expected location based on the latest meso output.  

I like our spot right now.  We could end up with 6+ if things break our way and it looks like 2-4 is kind of low end for PWC

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic