Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 12-14, 2019 Storm Discussion STORM MODE

WxUSAF

14 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

not sure what is happening with the 6z models....im sure dr no will put an end to the hijinx

Disregard earlier post! needed to read through it all. Basically, a 2 - 4 inch for all and some folks will get some bands of 4 to 6 - Coastal is a no show for us.. 

Easy to see consensus. The stripe of heaviest north of Richmond up to about Fredericksburg and that is a solid 4 to 8 favoring 6" for the highest amounts - about my thinking all along. Richmond is a mixing challenge! Gonna see some spots get the 7 to 10, but they seem more isolated to me until you get to the higher elevations.

Modest event. So much better than what things have been. 

Hoping for all positive trends today!  

Just now, Ji said:

not sure what is happening with the 6z models....im sure dr no will put an end to the hijinx

I'm guessing its just a matter of creating the range envelope. Euro 3" top end other models 6ish

3-6" is the forecast unless you are CWG then its dusting to 8"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like 4 to 6 for everyone from southern md up to Harford county.  I think there is a lot of upside and boom potential for this storm.  Great temps.. solid pressure gradient.. great slug of moisture incoming.  I think we get it all from waa and maybe Wes or someone south gets a quick 3 -5 on top of it from the coastal.

This event is likely to surprise and pleaee

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm guessing its just a matter of creating the range envelope. Euro 3" top end other models 6ish

3-6" is the forecast unless you are CWG then its dusting to 8"

They need to cover their bases.

06z GFS, 06z NAM, 06z RGEM, and 06z EURO all look improved... sounds like others as well. Great news. Last night’s 00z EURO wasn’t bad either for the DC area. Hopefully as we get closer, models are picking up on additional moisture that’s available. A 2-4/3-6 event looking good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cae said:

The Ukie backed off, but the RGEM ensemble actually improved from its 12z run.  The first map below is for the same time period I posted for the 12z run.  If you compare the two, you'll see this one is a little better.

Rbunb0O.png

The second map is out to 72 hours.  It looks like the FV3, but shifted a bit north. 

XMqyjXw.png

Hi, where do you get these plots?  Thanks. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic