Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 12th-13th event

Orangeburgwx

2 minutes ago, griteater said:

New Euro run was weird...it was more amped with the wave early on, then the wave got flattened late.  Precip shield with a bump south, but temps are similar....wintry is basically Hickory to GSO and northwest again

Just now catching on to new confluence showing up In Canada, the shift S at end of run?

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Just now catching on to new confluence showing up In Canada, the shift S at end of run?

The SE Canada low bumped north actually this run, but what I saw as the difference was that it brought more shortwave energy into the southern wave right off the bat thru the Great Basin, so the wave ramped up quicker over Kansas/Oklahoma

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wurbus said:

Does anyone know how Cherokee, NC performs in these type of CAD events? We are supposed to be driving over there from Knoxville, TN on Saturday, but I'm worried we won't be able to get there if there is going to be a lot of ice.

Cherokee does terrible in cad events. 

• Thanks 1

Blue Ridge east of Cherokee gets it, and blanks Cherokee. Still we do not promise safe driving over mountains. 441 will be a mess at highest elevations.

30 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Cherokee does terrible in cad events. 

2 hours ago, Wurbus said:

Does anyone know how Cherokee, NC performs in these type of CAD events? We are supposed to be driving over there from Knoxville, TN on Saturday, but I'm worried we won't be able to get there if there is going to be a lot of ice.

2 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Blue Ridge east of Cherokee gets it, and blanks Cherokee. Still we do not promise safe driving over mountains. 441 will be a mess at highest elevations.

441 was closed for several days after the early December storm. I traveled to Gatlinburg via 441 a week after the storm hit and Newfound Gap still had snow/ice on the road. It’s a whole different world up there 

• Like 1