Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12th-13th event

Orangeburgwx

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Much wetter surface reflection at 108 this run. 

Looks like at 120 it's further north, stronger, and not transferring yet to the coast? CAD high looks stronger.  Don't know what that translates to, but I don't like how far north the storm is, half way up Alabama. 

1 hour ago, Queencitywx said:

Just looking at my sounding, it looks like my back yard is literally on the sleet/snow line for the best precip, followed by freezing rain. I dont think it could be any closer. 

The wife and I are looking at a move somewhere north of Hillsborough in the next 2 or so years. She wants to live near the barn where she rides horses and I wanna get away from the bustle/sleet of Raleigh lol.... Looking forward to escaping the transition line that is Wake County.   /:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

The wife and I are looking at a move towards N Hillsborough sometime in the next 2 or so years. Looking forward to escaping the transition line that is Wake County.   /:

I feel the same way about Charlotte Bro. I need to move more towards the "north of I-40" side and get in on the embarrassment of riches they have from winter to winter. LOL 

23 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Can anyone post euro maps for NC/SC?

Hard to use but here you go:

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/2019010812/north-carolina/acc-total-precipitation/20190114-0000z.html

That would be a nice snow storm for NW NC folks into VA. It would be a major ice storm for the "Crescent cities of NC" (Charlotte to Triad to Triangle).