Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Storm!? Jan 12-13th, 2019

cyclone77

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

This band near and north of 74 has been dumping nicely. Measured 5-6in here so far. The band is kind of oscillating around but still snowing at a decent clip. Hrrr/rap showing an additional 5-7in. Hope that's right and I will have my first double digit snow in years! 

No official obs out of PIA or SPI in the LSR's...,,wonder why...other offices have official jobs for STL COU MLI DVN

.56 precipitation for PIA do far in the hourly obs

.91 SPI

Just now, Chicago WX said:

Coming down in buckets here right now. Flake size is pretty good too! :guitar: :snowman:

Different setup but locally this reminds me of that January 2009 storm in LAF in which you painstakingly crawl your way toward a semi-respectable total.  

Enjoy the snow.  :snowing:

4 hours ago, ILwxchr said:

Got hammered overnight in Macomb, IL. I estimated anywhere from 7 to 9 inches this morning. Measured 7.0" at 6am, but haven't been out since. I shot some pretty good video of numerous cars stuck and even a snowplow stuck early this morning. Some of the roads were the worst I've ever been on and I got my 4 wheel drive SUV stuck twice. Some light and variable winds is creating some minor drifting on the backside of my apartment complex. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4hzwW6TcM&t=4s

1257 PM     SNOW             MACOMB                  40.47N 90.68W  
01/12/2019  M10.0 INCH       MCDONOUGH          IL   TRAINED SPOTTER    

JUST OVER 10 INCHES. SNOWING HEAVILY.  

1200 PM     SNOW             2 N SAINT ANN           38.76N 90.39W  
01/12/2019  M10.4 INCH       ST. LOUIS          MO   OFFICIAL NWS OBS   

SNOWFALL TOTAL THROUGH 12 P.M. AT LAMBERT   
            AIRPORT. OBSERVER REPORTED THAT SNOW CHANGED   
            TO RAIN AT 1230 P.M

2 hours ago, StormChaser4Life said:

This band near and north of 74 has been dumping nicely. Measured 5-6in here so far. The band is kind of oscillating around but still snowing at a decent clip. Hrrr/rap showing an additional 5-7in. Hope that's right and I will have my first double digit snow in years! 

1145 AM     SNOW             PEORIA                  40.74N 89.61W   
01/12/2019  M6.5 INCH        PEORIA             IL   OFFICIAL NWS OBS 

3.5" here as of 1pm.  Had a little over 4" at work when I left about 45 min ago.  Had a nice period of rates around mid-morning.  The snow is fairly wet, and is sticking to trees, etc with relatively light winds.  

Looks like perhaps another 2" or so, so we'll make a run at 6".  If you would have told me yesterday we'd have a shot at 6" I would have spit out my drink.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Different setup but locally this reminds me of that January 2009 storm in LAF in which you painstakingly crawl your way toward a semi-respectable total.  

Enjoy the snow.  :snowing:

The one where IND got like 12.5”? I remember that one.

And I’m enjoying. Out working out in it! :D

2 minutes ago, Street said:

We had 13" in the March 2018 storm. But before that we had a pretty big dry spell. 

Duh! I forgot all about that one since it was such a narrow path of snow and we got whiffed on it. I'm thinking the official total was somewhere around 10 and half inches