Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm!? Jan 12-13th, 2019

cyclone77

7 minutes ago, King James said:

Dry air still winning in Kankakee County. No flakes yet despite the radar returns

yup. only saving grace maybe the slow movement of the storm which could eventually overcome the issue. Noticed LOT isn't expecting snow to commence until mid morning across my zones.:lightning:

image.png.8833fd47925c571a4d703c1cef4e8e6f.png

• Like 1

-SN and already a light coating here in southeast Naperville near DuPage/Will border. We should be in decent shape given the duration of this system. Had fairly low expectations earlier and been thinking an inch or two tops. But now I feel pretty good about hitting the range (3-4") my office forecast for this area, and at least getting into 2-3" range. Hoping for more, though small flake size this far north could be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

Dry air winning in Kokomo too.  Just a dusting and nothing is falling right now.  NWS already has trended down the morning forecast by a couple of inches.

zone for Kokomo called for 5-7" at 9:33pm last night. It calls for 6" on today's 3am issuance. maybe i'm missing something.

Got hammered overnight in Macomb, IL. I estimated anywhere from 7 to 9 inches this morning. Measured 7.0" at 6am, but haven't been out since. I shot some pretty good video of numerous cars stuck and even a snowplow stuck early this morning. Some of the roads were the worst I've ever been on and I got my 4 wheel drive SUV stuck twice. Some light and variable winds is creating some minor drifting on the backside of my apartment complex. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4hzwW6TcM&t=4s

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Real nice uptick in projected accums in mby. Going to be a sharp cutoff as you get closer to the WI border, snow is having trouble making northward progression. 

Its also nice to have a daytime long duration snow storm. Been awhile since I haven’t had to watch the snow by streetlight 

Ditto. This is a fun storm just in the fact it’s occurring mostly in daylight. The snow is definitely fluffier in nature than I had anticipated. It’s nice and powdery. If we just had any wind, this would be a whiteout. 

NWS DSM upgraded to warnings in the entire of bottom two tiers of counties in Iowa. I’m surprised they didn’t do the 3rd tier as well given these radar returns in Warren County. They’re really getting dumped on there and already have at least 5-7 inches. We have over 4 inches in dsm as it is and the heavy stuff pulsates across into Polk county here in 20-30 minute bursts. 

Update: just as I was writing they launched warnings in the 3rd tier!

• Like 1

Ditto. This is a fun storm just in the fact it’s occurring mostly in daylight. The snow is definitely fluffier in nature than I had anticipated. It’s nice and powdery. If we just had any wind, this would be a whiteout. 

How much snow do yall have in Chambana so far?