Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm!? Jan 12-13th, 2019

cyclone77

On 1/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, Hoosier said:

Strangely enough, some models are trying to poke temps just above 32 here tomorrow afternoon.  With 925 mb temps around -5C to -6C, ongoing precip and a still fairly weak mid January sun angle, I'm gonna go with no.

Yeah I will go with a no as well, the lake isn't 50 degrees anymore.

30 minutes ago, Baum said:

just hoping for a couple inches at best out this way. hope that trend translates a bit east. Never much luck when fighting these type pf scenarios.

Looks like the hrrr might be trying to continue the trend east some, wouldn’t take much of a bump for more of N IL, IN to see a couple more inches atleast. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

The RAP has jumped north the past few runs, so should be interesting to see how it handles things.

Yeah it's nice to see the high-res models trending more towards the Euro and GFS as we get closer.  Another big change that has been slowly evolving over the past few days is how much slower the storm is to get out of the area.  A few days back this was looking like the snow would be exiting stage right by noon at the latest in this area.  Now much of the guidance keeps snow festering into the evening hours.

• Like 1

I am in Macomb, IL and we are already seeing the ground covered and snowfall coming down at a constant light to moderate rate. I'm going to make a call of about 8-9 inches here by the time its said and done. I think the main show will be a deformation band tomorrow morning into afternoon as the ULL pushes to the northeast into Southern IL. Could see some hefty snowfall rates. Crazy to think that our only 2 real snow events of the season and they are both doozies (this one and November blizzard).

• Like 1