Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm!? Jan 12-13th, 2019

cyclone77

Just now, Hoosier said:

I'd definitely be concerned about low level dry air on the northern fringe in a setup like this.  Models are supposed to account for that (by not generating qpf when it's too dry) but it doesn't mean they will handle it well.

Pwats are ridiculously high 

I think the Northern edge might be underdone

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The_Global_Warmer said:

Pwats are ridiculously high 

I think the Northern edge might be underdone

I am looking at that 1040 mb high just north of the Lakes and thinking it's going to make its presence felt.  LOT had some good points in the overnight afd about this kind of storm track not typically bringing much snow to the area, but they also pointed out the impressive jet dynamics.  Southern WI/northern IL and eastward into MI is the main potential bust area in terms of dry air.  STL is looking to be in a great spot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I am looking at that 1040 mb high just north of the Lakes and thinking it's going to make its presence felt.  LOT had some good points in the overnight afd about this kind of storm track not typically bringing much snow to the area, but they also pointed out the impressive jet dynamics.  Southern WI/northern IL and eastward into MI is the main potential bust area in terms of dry air.  STL is looking to be in a great spot.

Unfortunately for MBY, I agree. Dewpoint at ORD is only 7F...probably the driest air so far in this joke of a "season".  Will take awhile to moisten up, especially with relatively dry NE winds ahead of the storm's arrival.

44 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

WPC has the high positioned pretty north on their forecast maps. But if that high ends up further south I agree it will make its presence felt with major dry air and hold that precip shield south. Whoever is on the northern fringe of that shield is going to see a sharp cut off

3 minutes ago, buckeye said:

still thinking a solid 2-4 looks good.    Finally going to look like winter.

...and the best part is it's actually January....not fcking March or April!!!!  What a concept!

it ain't down yet. And after you took a shot at my boy Alek in the other thread you may reap his vengeance..."bank clock reads 33":lol:

• Haha 2