• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Only got down to 10.9° which did not even beat the 8.8° on December 8.

Received 0.4 inches of snow from the squalls yesterday bringing the seasonal and monthly total to 14.8

Between the snow and ice on the ground can I technically call today a day with snow cover. The NWS defines that as a day with 1 inch or more on the ground.I have an inch of a combination of ice and snow but barely. Do I nee toI go to the replay booth?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I wouldn't call what I have on the ground 1" but there's no way it shouldn't count as snow cover IMO. I was actually thinking about that yesterday and decided I'm going to call it good. That means I have 14 days of snow cover this month :) 

Done.

14 days and counting here as well.

• Like 1

Looks like it's going to quiet for a while, so I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! I assume we'll be quiet here over the next week or so.

We've had a nice snowstorm so far in Morris County, an additional whitening, an ice storm, an arctic front with squalls, and some cold; all before Christmas! A nice start and fun to watch!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Only got down to 10.9° which did not even beat the 8.8° on December 8.

Received 0.4 inches of snow from the squalls yesterday bringing the seasonal and monthly total to 14.8

Between the snow and ice on the ground can I technically call today a day with snow cover. The NWS defines that as a day with 1 inch or more on the ground.I have an inch of a combination of ice and snow but barely. Do I nee toI go to the replay booth?

It’s a solid coating on everything, it’s a freaking winter wonderland out there. It counts in my records as well. 

• Like 3

I dunno, I dropped below 10* yesterday and just about got there again this morning. I guess that's mostly normal but it sure does feel significant when you're out in it. Looks like it's going to be more tolerable for the next week or so after tonight which will be nice. It will be nice to see those warmer temps next week to get rid of some of this ice, walking out the front and back doors of my house is a sketchy endeavour at the moment.

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Yes the UKMET with the  -9° for this morning was the ultimate fail.

In hindsight that was probably another dead giveaway, in addition to the red flag Bx noted...

56 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, last night was 7-8 degrees above the forecast. Still impressive ice on everything though. 

It's pretty much impossible to walk anywhere that's not treated pavement now that there have been a felt thaw/freeze cycles... especially as you can no longer dig your heels in. The slightest grade requires microspikes.

25 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It's almost tradition at this point for Feb and March to carry the whole winter. I'm keeping the faith.

Right, it's as if November and December provide a tease, January is a transition and can go either way, then February/March turns the switch on.  I could deal with a longer winter if we could actually get rid of the cold and rainy April into May stretches that have also become common.