Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

25 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I had the same thought this morning, then figured, "Eh, what's the difference?" If it doesn't work, I'm not getting another one by midnight tonight anyway :lol:

I dont have a generator.  Dont want to jinx myself but we've only lost power once (12 days after sandy) in the 20 years we've lived in croton.  Wondering if a tesla powerwall as backup battery is price competitive with a generator.

3 minutes ago, Hitman said:

I dont have a generator.  Dont want to jinx myself but we've only lost power once (12 days after sandy) in the 20 years we've lived in croton.  Wondering if a tesla powerwall as backup battery is price competitive with a generator.

We bought ours right before floyd in 99, used it for a few days then, have probably used it 5 times since then...although thats probably more a product of a wood burning stove and laziness more than a lack of need lol

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

We bought ours right before floyd in 99, used it for a few days then, have probably used it 5 times since then...although thats probably more a product of a wood burning stove and laziness more than a lack of need lol

Bought mine after the Snowicane in 2010, I've used it a number of times both at home and tailgates :drunk:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Ours is way too big to drag along for tailgates, hence the laziness in not setting it up for most power outages lol

The required two guys responsible for hoisting mine (sometimes myself included) into the bed of a pickup often muttered the same thing but alcoholic beverages can be a great motivator for some.  

5 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Boy is someone going to be pissed that your pipes aren’t gonna freeze...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got more than double that :( It's scary out there now. I have a feeling it's not so bad on the main streets but my top o' the hill dead end is a skating rink. The driveway is a disaster with .5" of ice and the cars are solid ice. Gonna go spend an hour or 3 getting it cleaned up before it gets cold. Uggh...

14 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I've got more than double that :( It's scary out there now. I have a feeling it's not so bad on the main streets but my top o' the hill dead end is a skating rink. The driveway is a disaster with .5" of ice and the cars are solid ice. Gonna go spend an hour or 3 getting it cleaned up before it gets cold. Uggh...

We'll get a few hours of sunshine in early afternoon tomorrow with temps likely breaking the freezing mark. I think as long as we do a serviceable clean-up job today, we'll be able to avoid locking in the ice through the upcoming cold snap

Well so much for that melting that was going on. Even though it didn't get over 30 where the sun got to things there was significant melting but now the clouds have moved in and the temp is dropping again and the melting stopped. The ice didn't even melt off the power lines, bushes and natural surfaces are still fully encased, the street is still wet but probably not for long, driveway is passable and will have to do but the back patio is still 1/4" thick solid ice and the yard is a crunchy slickery mess as evidenced by the dog sliding down the hill. Is it really Sunday before we get above freezing again? Uggh