• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

41° snow cover down to three inches exposing the sleet layer that fell on the first.

Spiked up to 46 sometime during the night. Not loving the rain but still 10 days into December and there's been a solid snow cover every day, no complaints there. Hoping to cash in on a couple of inches tonight.

The 17th-18th looking interesting to say the least, but way to far out for me to get excited yet. As always so much can change in a week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:
41° snow cover down to three inches exposing the sleet layer that fell on the first.

Spiked up to 46 sometime during the night. Not loving the rain but still 10 days into December and there's been a solid snow cover every day, no complaints there. Hoping to cash in on a couple of inches tonight.

The 17th-18th looking interesting to say the least, but way to far out for me to get excited yet. As always so much can change in a week.

47 here currently and also 3” at the stake, and agree about next week. We take. 

2 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Maybe a quick inch or two of paste.

Yeah, the ceiling is low for most. I think there is a heightened potential for little mesoscale features to enhance totals in a few spots. Maybe one of those deals where some school district gets 4" and calls a delay, and everyone goes "wtf" in neighboring towns after clearing a dusting off their cars.

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, the ceiling is low for most. I think there is a heightened potential for little mesoscale features to enhance totals in a few spots. Maybe one of those deals where some school district gets 4" and calls a delay, and everyone goes "wtf" in neighboring towns after clearing a dusting off their cars.

Agreed. There will be a some local areas with surprises.

No additional accumulation from the last band that went through.

Final tally 2.4 inches, now at 14.4 for the month.

No complaints here, my ideal December so far. Well I could have done without the rain Monday and Tuesday which washed away the majority of the snow from the beginning of month but that's nitpicking.

Ideal would have been no warmup and rain but yeah not so bad so far. Too bad it's about to be rinse and repeat.

That was the easiest ~4" of wet snow I've ever shoveled. I caught it just before it froze on things so the wet layer was like a lubricant and everything just slid off. Other than a few crusty spots it was lighter than expected.