• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Well at least the temp is starting to come down just a little bit. None of the local stations seem to have recorded winds or precip since early this morning, must all be frozen. It really doesn't look like there's much chance of getting anything that counts tonight, it all looks to be Berks and Catskills on the radar and I bet it will just pull out to the east rather than swinging through. I sure won't complain if I pull a few inches but I'm not expecting it. For all the hype and hassle I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with about 1 inch. Blah... At least it will get cold tomorrow night and firm things up nicely making for a fun early morning ride on Wednesday. 

Just measured 7” in Cornwall including yesterday’s glacier layer. Tail end of this storm is surprising to the upside, moderate rates with radar showing at least a couple more hours of incoming. Getting nervous with the tree branches though. I lost a small white pine in the front garden, snapped in half. And I have a large Japanese Maple still with leaves on it. I went out with a 20’ pole to knock the snow off the branches. I’m sure there’ll be some damage in the morning. 

37 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Radar has filled in nicely... there won't be any death bands like some models were hinting at earlier, but I'm still seeing periods of steady accumulating snows. If this keeps up for the rest of the evening I'll be able to make peace with this storm. 

Agreed. Snowing at a good clip with more to come.  I will be happy with 6-7 inch total including yesterday. 

33 minutes ago, Tpalm5 said:

Just measured 7” in Cornwall including yesterday’s glacier layer. Tail end of this storm is surprising to the upside, moderate rates with radar showing at least a couple more hours of incoming. Getting nervous with the tree branches though. I lost a small white pine in the front garden, snapped in half. And I have a large Japanese Maple still with leaves on it. I went out with a 20’ pole to knock the snow off the branches. I’m sure there’ll be some damage in the morning. 

Same here with 7" OTG. Had 3" of sleet yesterday and an inch  of snow this afternoon. Since 5:30pm had another 3" of snow and is still coming down at a steady clip. We could get a couple of inches more. I have a flowering pear tree that didn't drop its leaves and is being bent to its limits.

12.0 inches on the ground and about half of that after sunset tonight.

Looks like snow is Finally done here. When this first started I said I’d be satisfied with 6-8 and ecstatic with a foot. As late as late this afternoon I never thought I’d get anything close to a foot. Label me ecstatic. 

6 hours ago, Tpalm5 said:

Still pouring snow. Had the power bump off for a few seconds then saw the sky light up when a fuse blew. Luckily came back on. Here we go!

Good to see you posting, it’s always a sign that something noteworthy is going on. I have a feeling if you lose power you have some connections...;)