Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

1 minute ago, Hitman said:

Again, I’m a lawyer and have no idea what I’m talking about, but I tend to think that whatever form the precip is taking now, has no bearing on what happens in round 2.  And furthermore, the forecasts down here weren’t counting on much from round 1, so it’s not going to make much difference either way in the storm totals.

Tend to agree. But it also means that there are less ppl at the mall right now, which makes me less inclined to commit murder during the holiday season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is also pouring sleet here and everything is caked in ice.  I need to be back in NYC by early evening tomorrow but I don't think there will be an opportunity to   travel safely so I am probably hunkering down here until Tuesday morning.  Fortunately I have food and alcohol provisions in the house and will be putting some beers on ice shortly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Rain here at 28F with very efficient accretion rates. It's been warming at about a degree/hour, so hopefully we won't be dealing with a major ice storm. As long as you don't have a fresh source of cold air, it's pretty hard to maintain long periods of icing thanks to the latent heat release.

ZR with ice pellets and 29F

It's been raining for hours with a few periods of sleet and white rain mixed in. Everything was frozen before it all started so the lower layer is solid ice and now it's accreting well on everything with icicles about an inch long on the power line to the house. I probably should have thought to get gas for the generator and test run it yesterday huh. Damn...

I don't even know what to expect/assume anymore with this storm. IF we do get round 2, when is that expected to hit Rockland County? Tomorrow's going to be quite a crappy day for me to get stuck out in the field without forewarning. On that note, what about lower Westchester & Bronx? People aren't really clarifying anything at all in the main thread. Just stating hypotheticals at this moment...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I have 1.7" of sleet and snow for round 1. There may not be a round 2 as such if the last few HRRR runs are to be believed, which would make for a disappointing storm indeed.

I have about the same amount of frozen ice pellets. It's getting like a brick now. As for the HRRR it looks like the banding is setting up in NEPA/NW NJ  northeast up to the Albany area.

IMG_0201.PNG