Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I assume your monthly total is low because you had those issues earlier with your rain gauge? This October here is the third wettest since I moved here in 2005, and could very well be the second wettest depending on what happens today and when the line gets here tonight, it'll be close.  I was right around 6" when I left this morning and Oct 2010 had 6.30" with the wettest Oct here being 2005 when I recorded 17.06"

Yes, that’s right.  I think I fixed it the weekend before last.

up to .59” on the day.

• Like 1

Looks like 1.25" here for yesterday and early this morning. Boy that was a fun drive home from the Capitol District last night. I had to go to Williamstown MA after Cohoes so came down Rt 22 and it was challenging to say the least. Branches and stuff flying everywhere combined with wet leaves and crap visibility made it easy to stay awake.

6 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Looks like 1.25" here for yesterday and early this morning. Boy that was a fun drive home from the Capitol District last night. I had to go to Williamstown MA after Cohoes so came down Rt 22 and it was challenging to say the least. Branches and stuff flying everywhere combined with wet leaves and crap visibility made it easy to stay awake.

And no cell service for a good chunk on 22.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Same here at 26. 

28 here. I need to recalculate some numbers on my spreadsheet  as I had the first hard freeze column using temps of 27 or lower. I thought it had to be below 28 but I see it is 28 or below so my hard freeze date will be a little bit earlier. More to follow next week for anyone who cares...

<crickets> :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I think I speak for all of us when I say, get that first week of November snow away from us by any and all means

I’m hoping we get something and then go on to pick up another 100” over the season to put even more doubt into the argument the early snow is always a bad sign for winter.  That said, I do not want a repeat of last winter either. 

• Like 1

Seems like a slushy coating is a real possibility tomorrow evening. I would be surprised if we didn't see our first flakes, at the very least.

Unrelated, but since everyone on twitter has been talking about Peter Sinks again, it got me wondering about my yard. I stuck two digital thermometers at the high (619 ft) and low (564 ft) points of the property, so I'll be very interested to see how big of a difference there is on the best radiational cooling nights. Even this early in the evening it's 3F cooler at the bottom of the hill than on the top.

• Like 1