Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

It's fun hearing how rapidly the narrative shifted to "summer's almost over, better savor it" at some point over the last week. Just like a switch.

On a related note, upper 40s are a possibility for some on Sunday morning. Epic yardwork day if you don't mind drowning in dew.

nlB9a1l.png

I always chuckle at the definitive statements made like “we roast second half of August” or “summers over”.  If there’s one thing we learn following the weather it’s that no one knows anything for sure, just look at last winters disaster and then all the excuses for why winter wasn’t the best in years. 

I can tell you why it wasn't the best winter for me ;)   The definitive statements thing has really gotten old. 

It's beautiful outside this morning. Gonna go play in the woods because the wife and I are heading down to Fire Island for the weekend, first time we're getting out without the kids since my little health scare 8 months ago. Looks like it's going to be a bit cooler than you'd like for a beach weekend but that's infinitely better than too hot.

9 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I can tell you why it wasn't the best winter for me ;)   The definitive statements thing has really gotten old. 

It's beautiful outside this morning. Gonna go play in the woods because the wife and I are heading down to Fire Island for the weekend, first time we're getting out without the kids since my little health scare 8 months ago. Looks like it's going to be a bit cooler than you'd like for a beach weekend but that's infinitely better than too hot.

Enjoy.  We rarely do the beach thing but went to Long Beach a couple weekends ago and it was great.

heading up to the berkshires Saturday.

64/64 here now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I always chuckle at the definitive statements made like “we roast second half of August” or “summers over”.  If there’s one thing we learn following the weather it’s that no one knows anything for sure, just look at last winters disaster and then all the excuses for why winter wasn’t the best in years. 

Very true.  

Btw, you ended up with a great Summer weekend for the wedding.  Have fun and congrats!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’m loving this weekends weather, I have an outdoor wedding  tomorrow...mine!  The air will be perfect for partying!  

Your first dance, tomorrow, will be repeated and remembered at your silver and golden anniversary celebrations.

An bhfeadfadh  sonas a bheith  ag do phosadh agus 100 bliain anuas.

As always ....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Third time is the charm, right fellas?!  Ahahahaha, that’s a long story but this time I’m doing it right. One of my sons is ordained and will marry us in a short quick ceremony and then it’s party time.  Nothing fancy this go around, just a good time. 

Good luck.  Couldn’t be nicer weather.  That’s a good sign.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Third time is the charm, right fellas?!  Ahahahaha, that’s a long story but this time I’m doing it right. One of my sons is ordained and will marry us in a short quick ceremony and then it’s party time.  Nothing fancy this go around, just a good time. 

You kept doing it until you got it right. Along the way you kept stock of and kept close, all of your blessings. One of your blessings will join, in marriage, you and your beloved. A wonderful outcome. As always ....

• Thanks 1

On August 9, 2019 at 7:22 PM, IrishRob17 said:

Great to hear! Best of luck and God bless. Joyful time for you and your new bride and your family too! 

P.s. Don't let her tell you how to use the snowboard and measuring techniques.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:22 PM, IrishRob17 said:

Congrats man best of luck marriage is not easy but have fun haha

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:22 PM, IrishRob17 said:

Good on you!

• Like 1

I should sit down and add up all of the precip since mid June when it dried out after the exceedingly wet first half of the year. I bet it's under 3" here. You'd never know from looking at the flora but the ground is rock hard and dusty and some stuff is starting to burn out. I've watched storms go north and south of me way more often than I'm used to, this area here isn't usually the dry spot for the region. Most of the small and mid sized ponds are scummy and even one of the big reservoirs is going through a cyano-bloom. Most of the creeks are down to a dribble now and some of the local ponds the level is starting to go down so I figure the water temp is getting too high creating the algae and general nasty look to things.

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I should sit down and add up all of the precip since mid June when it dried out after the exceedingly wet first half of the year. I bet it's under 3" here. You'd never know from looking at the flora but the ground is rock hard and dusty and some stuff is starting to burn out. I've watched storms go north and south of me way more often than I'm used to, this area here isn't usually the dry spot for the region. Most of the small and mid sized ponds are scummy and even one of the big reservoirs is going through a cyano-bloom. Most of the creeks are down to a dribble now and some of the local ponds the level is starting to go down so I figure the water temp is getting too high creating the algae and general nasty look to things.

The Brooke that runs through my property is at normal level for this time of year.

My pond is in bad shape this year, but the current weather has little to do with it. The inflow stream got all messed up in the October '05 flooding, and it's been depositing silt into the pond ever since. Then the Tax Day flood started the dam breaking up, with that process nearing its completion. Sad to see after being a thriving fishing hole for at least a century.

• Sad 2