• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

A woman I work with got stuck under the training cells last night here in the OC, had a mini flash flood in her yard but they were able to stop the water before it made its way into the front door.  I was just south of those cells and only picked up .24", KMGJ just to my north picked up .76", the mesonet further north in Wallkill picket up 1.86".

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

A woman I work with got stuck under the training cells last night here in the OC, had a mini flash flood in her yard but they were able to stop the water before it made its way into the front door.  I was just south of those cells and only picked up .24", KMGJ just to my north picked up .76", the mesonet further north in Wallkill picket up 1.86".

It was tracking along 84 and folks along and to the north were in the heavy action. I was fringed again and picked up 0.04

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

Hoping for something interesting this evening as I'm really starting to get tired of the humidity.  definitely the dog days now.

Agree with you. I was fringed with the last 2 events and picked up  a total of 0.05 for both. As of noon were still under a good cloud cover. Hope it burns off to create some instability.

I haven't been getting much but it has kept things moist for a few days now. A bit of rain just before dark then a slow foggy start and things are looking mighty lush. The ground is good and firm but the flora has responded nicely. 

I went for a walk around the local golf course and it was crazy humid until boom, t-storm. Home which is only a few minutes away it's been dry so far.

I want to open the windows to refresh the air in the house! Changing the filter in the blower for the AC wasn't sufficient. I'm looking forward to some nice air to get outside and do some stuff.

That line of storms west of us is no joke. It looks like the I81 corridor just got slapped. I wonder what's left in it when it gets to us.