• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Yeah we've gone a few times, it's only 10 minutes from the house. You got a good night for it.

We've had two rounds of heavy rain now, everything is soaked again. I got out for a great ride in between, the ground was wet but not too soft and the trails were fresh from the super heavy rain from round 1, It really was great.

6 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah we've gone a few times, it's only 10 minutes from the house. You got a good night for it.

We've had two rounds of heavy rain now, everything is soaked again. I got out for a great ride in between, the ground was wet but not too soft and the trails were fresh from the super heavy rain from round 1, It really was great.

Sounds nice. It's been a solid first 1/3 of summer in terms of weather, with plenty of bright, seasonably warm days and just enough rain to keep everything green and fresh.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I'd be good with half as much rain. 

Agreed.  Weird weekend.  Biked saturday morning in anticipation of stormy afternoon but ended up with 'nothing.  Then yesterday went kayaking mid day and got rained on.

looking forward to some heat incoming for the holiday.  don't like swimming unless its 85+.

20 hours ago, Hitman said:

Agreed.  Weird weekend.  Biked saturday morning in anticipation of stormy afternoon but ended up with 'nothing.  Then yesterday went kayaking mid day and got rained on.

looking forward to some heat incoming for the holiday.  don't like swimming unless its 85+.

Hey how well do you know your way around 909? Want to meet for a ride Thursday morning? In my continuing quest to break my 20 year old daughter I want to watch her struggle with the climb up Pond Gut.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Hey how well do you know your way around 909? Want to meet for a ride Thursday morning? In my continuing quest to break my 20 year old daughter I want to watch her struggle with the climb up Pond Gut.

not well enough but more importantly, I'm going to vt tomorrow for the week.  my daughter is 19 and would never subject herself to that.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Hitman said:

not well enough but more importantly, I'm going to vt tomorrow for the week.  my daughter is 19 and would never subject herself to that.

I keep finding all of these great spots in VT that are slightly off the beaten path. I love that kind of stuff. Where are you headed? This daughter (I have twins) is a pretty hardcore little mt biker chick. She really gets after it. If I ask her which way she wants to go at a trail intersection she'll ask which one has more climbing or is tougher and then choose that one. She was #1 and 2 in the state in the high school race league. Her nickname is crash because she tries so hard and doesn't always succeed so she hits the ground pretty often.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I keep finding all of these great spots in VT that are slightly off the beaten path. I love that kind of stuff. Where are you headed? This daughter (I have twins) is a pretty hardcore little mt biker chick. She really gets after it. If I ask her which way she wants to go at a trail intersection she'll ask which one has more climbing or is tougher and then choose that one. She was #1 and 2 in the state in the high school race league. Her nickname is crash because she tries so hard and doesn't always succeed so she hits the ground pretty often.

we go to the mad river valley, sugarbush, mrg and such.  luv it up there as much, if not more, in the summer than winter.  looking forward to some great riding.

my daughter is the opposite, except when skiing.

• Sad 1

So much great riding in that zone. Uggh, I'm jealous. If you get a chance head over to Northfield and hit the Norwich U trails and some of the adjoining stuff. Yeah this daughter is a pretty serious masochist, she goes for it with most athletic endeavors.

Already had a pretty good shot of rain and thunder this morning. It's sooper muggy out there now.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

So much great riding in that zone. Uggh, I'm jealous. If you get a chance head over to Northfield and hit the Norwich U trails and some of the adjoining stuff. Yeah this daughter is a pretty serious masochist, she goes for it with most athletic endeavors.

Already had a pretty good shot of rain and thunder this morning. It's sooper muggy out there now.

Had a great ride Thursday, but my bikes out of commission.  Blew out the rear hub.  Demo’d A new trail bike which was sweet.  3 hour ride on a mix of old school technical single track and new flow trails, ending right at a swimming hole on the mad river.

3 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Had a great ride Thursday, but my bikes out of commission.  Blew out the rear hub.  Demo’d A new trail bike which was sweet.  3 hour ride on a mix of old school technical single track and new flow trails, ending right at a swimming hole on the mad river.

Ooh if you're looking for a new bike I might have a smokin' deal for you. I'm the Norco rep for NY and I have a demo bike that I need to turn back into $$. I got it just before my heart attack so it only has 4 miles on it, the thing is better than new because the brake pads are bedded in properly. I'll make a pretty serious effort to get to you if you want to take it for a ride.

It just poured here, well Danbury but it's pretty close to home so good enough ;) These tropical convective popcorn t-storms are always entertaining. 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Ooh if you're looking for a new bike I might have a smokin' deal for you. I'm the Norco rep for NY and I have a demo bike that I need to turn back into $$. I got it just before my heart attack so it only has 4 miles on it, the thing is better than new because the brake pads are bedded in properly. I'll make a pretty serious effort to get to you if you want to take it for a ride.

It just poured here, well Danbury but it's pretty close to home so good enough ;) These tropical convective popcorn t-storms are always entertaining. 

Thanks but I think I can get for more seasons out of my Scott genius.

didnt start raining until 1 up here.  Looks like it’s starting to clear now.