Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Its not the first time that a new poster popped up that seemed to not really be  a newbie.  Wasn't there a weatherboy or something like that poster last year?  I swear that was another situation f someone playing the board. 

You know what, you're right. I completely forgot about that. I'll never understand folks who are reduced to getting their kicks that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

.79" for the event now as rain tapers off. Quite the soggy day after that brief period of warmth and sunshine mid-morning.

On a side note, anyone else getting a kick out of the drama over on the NE subforum?

Yes.  I stick to the nne thread over there, but those guys r funny in a crazy kind of way.  They really bust on DIT although in fairness he does kind of ask for it most of the time.

i added .17” after I left for work this morning for a total of .93”.  Not too shabby.

Yet another reason why I find all types of weather interesting.  My house is around 385' but I have to drive over the hill to get to 416, the access road gets to just over 500'.  This morning as I was driving up the hill once I got to about 450' all of the car windows instantly fog up and I couldn't see a thing.  I always find that fascinating when it happens. Carry on.   

• Like 1

Yeah the rain isn't adding up worth a squat but everything is wet. I haven't mowed yet and it's getting so thick the mower is going to struggle. I hate those times when you have to cut it twice, once on high and the second pass lower and still need to do it again 3 or so day later to clean it up. I really want to just xeriscape  the whole damned property and be done with the hassle of green stuff other than in a garden.

It was nice for the bulk of the day in the Capitol District today. It was even sunny for a few hours :blink: It was weird, 70* and I needed sunglasses.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I mowed this morning before coming into work. Sunday looks like a washout down in Dover for NASCAR, looks like I'll be at another Monday race.  My 30-pack of Busch Light is currently chilled, when I go to NASCAR I go all in, LOL 

Are you sure it's not Bud light? Oh well, rain hat looks good.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

Wow, that lawn looks great.  I’m ashamed of mine.

.33” so far today.  Lovely.  #whenwillitend?

Thanks but don’t be fooled, I’m not out there killing hour upon hour each week in the summer.  The whole thing gets raked in the spring and then one application of fertilizer with crabgrass preventer, then it’s just mowing mostly. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Don't be ashamed be proud that you didn't spend so much time making it happen and you got out and rode your bike or hiked or went to a great local brewery or... I look at "nice" lawns and all I can think is 'man, the amount of time and effort you put into that... :( '

It’s not as much as you would think but I’m also not super anal about it. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Thanks but don’t be fooled, I’m not out there killing hour upon hour each week in the summer.  The whole thing gets raked in the spring and then one application of fertilizer with crabgrass preventer, then it’s just mowing mostly. 

Long story,  When we moved in 20 years ago, my wife I cleared the backyard and I labored for years to get a good healthy lawn.  I finally got it to be ok, and then about 5 years ago strange things started to happen like large patches of the pachysandra surrounding the lawn died off suddenly, and nothing kills that stuff.  About the same time good grass died out too and was taken over by some invasive grass which goes completely dead in the winter.  I fought it trying to patch spots and that was worthless.  Then I rented a tiller and tilled the whole fooking thing, adding top soil and fertilizer before reseeding it.  The new seed grew nicely for about 6-8 weeks but be the end of the summer was dead again.  I suspect there is some kind of fungus effecting the whole backyard but I tried antifungal and it didn’t do anything.  I’ve spoken to a few landscapers and they couldn’t come up with anything.  That was 3 years ago and I haven’t had the heart to tackle the project again not knowing if it would work.

• Sad 1