Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

On 3/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Yep, always have one of those too

yup totally agree.  Had a cancerous melanoma removed from the top of my head last summer. Didn't even know it was up there. Wife spotted it, dermatologist and plastic surgeon said she probably saved my life since it was in a spot where you can never see it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

A few gusts around 30 mph in the last hour. Stirring up some leaves from last fall. Oh double joy. :lol:

Yeah, it got intense for a while there. WNW flow behind the monster offshore low peaked at the perfect time of day for mixing down most efficiently. It's super dry again as well - lots of spots around 60 with dews in the low-teens. Not hard to see the fire risk there.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, Juliancolton said:

Could be the last fair and mild day for quite a while. What's the occasion?

My wife has a booth at the Nyack street fair on Sunday. She needs a nice weather day so that people come out and shop. 

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I see we're doing the wind thing again this year. 

OMG the wind was serious further upstate. I was in Glens Falls this morning and it wasn't too bad, it started getting good later in Saratoga and after 3 from Ballston Spa to Ancramdale it was the real deal. I actually had to struggle to close the car door at one point and it was like driving through a desert wind/sandstorm for a while with all the blowing dust on the highways. It sure did make for a nice extended dusty colored sunset coming down through the Taconics.

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Leaving this rainy hellhole to play golf in maryland. Behave or ill punish you all by making you watch videos of my golf swing. 

Not a punishment at all. Who could complain about watching an adult, with a big stick, hit, almost invisible, little balls around thousands of yards of turf, rough, water and sand only to try to get said ball into an equally invisible small hole. “Not me” I’m fine with it. As always .....

15 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

.79" for the event now as rain tapers off. Quite the soggy day after that brief period of warmth and sunshine mid-morning.

On a side note, anyone else getting a kick out of the drama over on the NE subforum?

Its not the first time that a new poster popped up that seemed to not really be  a newbie.  Wasn't there a weatherboy or something like that poster last year?  I swear that was another situation f someone playing the board. 

• Like 1