• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Yeah no accumulation here, it started to on parked cars on the north side of buildings but melted off just as quickly when it stopped. It was nice to see and wasn't a hassle to drive in which was good.

Looks like we're borderline for a northern lights show tomorrow night https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/g2-moderate-watch-effect-23-march-2019-utc-day I might have to take a ride up north of I90 if the clouds break. I know my wife and kids are eager to see them, I've seen them many times but they never cease to amaze.

Snow is starting to mix in with the wind-driven rain here. 

The upslope precip seem pretty lackluster up the Taconics and Berks, with focus instead being the low-level convergence in the valley. HRRR has things drying out by 3-4 am, so if Brace Mtn up to Frissell and Alander are going to get the 3-7" predicted by Albany, they'd better do it quickly.

Yeah that radar last night looked like it was running right down the 22 and 9 corridors for a while, hopefully the high terrain got something good out of it. I got a good coating on the ground even the street was covered earlier, it's windy and cold just like a good spring day is supposed to be... :arrowhead:  I really need it to warm up because I have a hardcore car repair to do so I can get back to work this week. Anyone have a warm garage I can borrow for 5 or 6 hours?

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah that radar last night looked like it was running right down the 22 and 9 corridors for a while, hopefully the high terrain got something good out of it. I got a good coating on the ground even the street was covered earlier, it's windy and cold just like a good spring day is supposed to be... :arrowhead:  I really need it to warm up because I have a hardcore car repair to do so I can get back to work this week. Anyone have a warm garage I can borrow for 5 or 6 hours?

Heated garage?!  I don’t even have asphalt you can borrow..,:whistle:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I have some mildly tilted asphalt that's relatively well protected from the wind and some good rocks that work well as wheel chocks. I'm gonna go for it but maybe not today, it's just too cold for me and my old hands. 

I don’t blame you, tomorrow should feel great after today’s weather. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Low dews, blue skies, brisk NW wind; feels like a crisp autumn day. Or maybe the opposite of autumn... that other season we used to have between winter and summer. I forget the name.

Blue sky? Seems we got screwed down here today. 

I had partly to mostly cloudy all day. When the sun was out it was awfully nice.

I spent the day in the driveway struggling with a car repair that went way above my pay grade and has my car disabled in the driveway on jack stands. A buddy stopped by with his chainsaw and helped me cut out the trees that were only partway down in the my yard. Now it looks like a war zone but there's only one, that we can't get to, hanging precariously. Then I went back to the car and tried some more before it got too cold and dark because it's mostly cloudy now and getting dark too early, thought I'd have another hour.

IOW I spent all day outside and it was a nice crisp spring day of yore. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, IrishRob17 said:

As soon as @Juliancolton posted about the blue skies the clouds rolled back in...what a damn jinx. 

Too much sun is no good. Have to be mindful of the folks susceptible to burned scalps. :)

23 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I didn't hear about it until after the fact. And I was in Saratoga Saturday night too, and the skies were clear.

Another opportunity missed. Was it visible?

The shock wave was about 30 hours slower than predicted and didn't hit until the middle of the day on Sunday, and even then it was was too weak to ignite any significant geomagnetic storming. The UP of Michigan was the furthest south from which I've seen any reports of naked-eye lights Sunday night... and that's still sort of miraculous considering the solar wind only 'jumped' to about 275 km/s.

• Haha 1