Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Bottomed out at 7.3°, 11.3° right now.

It will be interesting to see if we can make a run below zero one of these next several nights. A very January look and feel.

I'm old enough to remember the May 9-10, 1977 storm which dropped several inches of snow in areas of the HV and 27inches in the Catskills. I bring it up because I enjoyed the snow in May, I love a good April snow storm and I love a solid snow cover through most of March. However if I had my choice this recent trend of dud Decembers and February like March I would reverse if I had the choice. I'd much rather have December the cold and snowy month for many reasons, Christmas season, the sun at it's weakest point, the coldest parts of winter coming up to sustain snow cover etc;. Since I can't do anything about that, I'll enjoy this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

However if I had my choice this recent trend of dud Decembers and February like March I would reverse if I had the choice. I'd much rather have December the cold and snowy month for many reasons, Christmas season, the sun at it's weakest point, the coldest parts of winter coming up to sustain snow cover etc;. Since I can't do anything about that, I'll enjoy this.

Completely agree with this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It snowed overnight, a nice thick coating, looks like 1/2" or more. Surprise :snowing: So that means it snowed 6 out of 7 days. Between that and single digits in the first week of march it's a heckuva way to run a crappy winter.

Nice, I feel cheated.

Looking at the driveway it doesn't look like a flake fell here overnight, but the landscape looks great, just like it did all of last March.

In on the party, ill bring beer. 

Seriously tho, “upstate” thread gtg? Plenty of great hudson valley spots to have a gtg, ill even drag [mention=5119]Rjay[/mention] there. 
I might even be down, as long as you're ok with a Jewish dude joining the party :-P

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk