Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

5 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

You know what sucks? When you take your blower out and the auger grabs the thick rubber mat in front of your steps going up to your front porch and it gets stick underneath the blades and you can't pull the shit out... Then you still have to shovel the sleet

That sucks. Can you remove the sheer pins? Maybe that will get the blades to spin freely to pull the mat out.

3 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

That sucks. Can you remove the sheer pins? Maybe that will get the blades to spin freely to pull the mat out.

I'm going to have to try that or maybe the bolts on outside of the housing will loosen the auger enough that I can pull it out. It's thick so it didn't wrap around. Only stuck underneath 

What a mess! The ice isn't as thick this time as last month but I think there was a lot more sleet this time so the pack is super dense and the crust is nearly thick and strong enough to stand on without going through. It's slicker than last time too, my dogs can't even move on it so they pooped and peed right outside the door :thumbsdown: It looks kind of nice though, everything is all glittery and shiny :rolleyes:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

What a mess! The ice isn't as thick this time as last month but I think there was a lot more sleet this time so the pack is super dense and the crust is nearly thick and strong enough to stand on without going through. It's slicker than last time too, my dogs can't even move on it so they pooped and peed right outside the door :thumbsdown: It looks kind of nice though, everything is all glittery and shiny :rolleyes:

I guess glittery and shiny poop and pee would look better than the normal kind I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say its kind of nice though. 

• Haha 1

Every time the wind blows it's an ice cascade as everything falls off the trees. It sounds like breaking glass and hurts when it knocks you on the head. It was bright and sunny up until a few minutes ago, now the clouds are moving in. I'd sure like to see a wall to wall sunny day to melt off some of this carp.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

This time it's ok if it goes away, it's just a useless ice pack that's sketchy to move around on. The way the ice creeps into the roads as it melts during the day and refreezes at night is kind of scary too. It is kinda nice to look at this morning with flurries drifting down but I'd rather it be gone.

It was ridiculous trying to shuffle around in Verplanck/Peekskill this morning. Just 1" of completely smooth ice. Almost comical with a few of us flailing about while chasing eagles and trying to land on our keisters rather than our $$$ lenses. At least at home I have a little soft snow under the crust, so you can dig your heels in for traction.

54 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The shine of a large undisturbed snow filled field with a coating of ice on top is still impressive to me. 

Well yeah but...

38 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It was ridiculous trying to shuffle around in Verplanck/Peekskill this morning. Just 1" of completely smooth ice. Almost comical with a few of us flailing about while chasing eagles and trying to land on our keisters rather than our $$$ lenses. At least at home I have a little soft snow under the crust, so you can dig your heels in for traction.

Sketchy right? You need to get YakTrax or similar. I'm looking forward to some warmth tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Are you looking for bald eagles?

my wife and I kayak/paddle board on the croton river and this past summer there were some flying around there.  To my untrained eye, there was an adult and two young ones which appeared to mature as the summer progressed.