Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

On 1/23/2019 at 6:02 PM, IrishRob17 said:

That’s a good point about something silly that could trigger someone. For myself, I know that I did not get full enjoyment of some winter weather in years past because of personal bullshit I had to deal with at the time. Those days, and that tramp are long gone LOL. 

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/el-paso-zoo-will-name-a-cockroach-after-your-ex-and-feed-it-to-their-meerkats

• Haha 2

I dunno, now that I'm cleared to get out and do outdoor things again I really want to go for a bike ride so snow isn't what I'm hoping for. I went for a short hike in the woods yesterday and now my brain is screamin' for the type of therapy that only a mt bike ride in the woods can provide. C'mon spring :) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I dunno, now that I'm cleared to get out and do outdoor things again I really want to go for a bike ride so snow isn't what I'm hoping for. I went for a short hike in the woods yesterday and now my brain is screamin' for the type of therapy that only a mt bike ride in the woods can provide. C'mon spring :) 

Thank god your health is improving. Your recovery rate seems to be impressive.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Great news for you!

• Like 3

Thanks NZ and Rob. Everyone keeps saying they're impressed with how quickly I'm moving forward but, strangely, I feel like it's been a long slow process. I'm not very patient when it comes to things like recovering and I'm so used to just doing things that the restrictions feel very confining. The diet change has also been frustrating. If I sound less than grateful for the good things I'm not, I just don't express that as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForestHillWx said:

Because I'm being lazy (and swamped with work) what are we reasonably looking at for tomorrow? Mt. Holly has my area 3-5", others 5-8". My truck is currently down due to rusted brake lines I haven't yet repaired; so I'll be riding my trusty 2007 civic!

Either amount could verify, all a matter of how warm and how quickly the upper levels get.  Any way you slice it, it’s a nasty day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Either amount could verify, all a matter of how warm and how quickly the upper levels get.  Any way you slice it, it’s a nasty day. 

Down to 27 already. Broken clouds currently, forecast low of 23 overnight.  We'll see how low we go. It will be tough to scour out the cold surface temps, could get icy. If not that, some accumulating sleet.

33 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Man, the extended range 00z HRRR has 12+ hours of freezing rain starting mid-afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully it's overdoing ML warmth or surface cold or something.

Hope so too. If not, I hope the surface temperatures are right around 32 so the icing won't be as bad.

15 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

KHIFLbv.png

We have to be careful since there's an upside risk for more icing.

From the main storm discussion thread:

24 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Sorry if already posted (hard to keep up), but The mesoscale, short-term models are showing significant freezing rain risks for much of the area.  The HRRR and CMC-RDPS are both showing about 0.1" of freezing rain for the 95 corridor NE of Trenton (and NW of Philly) and are showing a lot more than that NW of there, i.e., up to 0.5", which would be horrendous if it verified. Nobody wants to see that, but folks should be aware of this risk. NAM is showing the freezing rain risk to be NW of 95, not along it, at least in NJ. Maps below. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

•  

4 minutes ago, HailMan06 said:

We have to be careful since there's an upside risk for more icing.

From the main storm discussion thread:

It's really not worth paying attention to model ice progs. Freezing rain accretes to non-flat surfaces at a 1:4 ratio on average, so you'd need 2" of liquid to get half an inch of glaze.