Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

31 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

There's been a nice trend on the HRRR of prolonging the duration of the snow. The back edge doesn't clear the river until after midnight now. It probably goes without saying, but we definitely want to see the LP wave develop more quickly as it rides the front. On some of the runs that show a more pronounced circulation over LI or CT, you can see the inflection point taking shape close to NYC such that precip north of there has a pivoting component to its movement. Not quite a conveyor belt structure, but the first signs of an emerging cloud head. On the whole, this has the potential to be a nice little event.

Snow over achievers are always welcome.  :)

3 minutes ago, HeinzGuy said:

Pretty solid rates here, not quite what Dutchess is having but well over a half foot OTG out there.

Hah, I just crossed the 2" mark so I'm not running any victory laps yet. Just impressive rates for the time being... how long it lasts remains to be seen. I see a spotter reported 8" over by West Kill already, nice storm in the Catskills. 

24 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Hah, I just crossed the 2" mark so I'm not running any victory laps yet. Just impressive rates for the time being... how long it lasts remains to be seen. I see a spotter reported 8" over by West Kill already, nice storm in the Catskills. 

3.7 OTG so far, moderate snow currently, heaviest rates of this event. 29/28

42 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Solid snowfall here in the Poughkeepsie area.  Unfortunately my wife got hit from behind while coming home, creating 4-5 k damage.  Thankfully she is ok.. As much as I love snow, I hate the risks of injury and damage it creates 

Sucks to hear that the car got banged up. Thank god that she wasn't hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, White Gorilla said:

Solid snowfall here in the Poughkeepsie area.  Unfortunately my wife got hit from behind while coming home, creating 4-5 k damage.  Thankfully she is ok.. As much as I love snow, I hate the risks of injury and damage it creates 

Glad she’s ok. It’s true for me, the older I get the more I hate the risks. 20 years those thoughts rarely crossed my mind. 

• Thanks 2