• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'll post specific data shortly but it really is an encouraging EPS run. Quite a few warning level hits in there and not many total misses. 

Most notable shift I see is the 24 hr precip plots are much wetter down south through the TN valley.  0.5 inches or more at 132.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

He said a few misses, but the key is much better than 0z. I would say the main message is continued improvement which is all we can ask for at this point and time.

I know... I was using Eskimo Joe's post awhile back about the GEFS to troll and ask Bob about the EPS

Just now, Grothar of Herndon said:

He said a few misses, but the key is much better than 0z. I would say the main message is continued improvement which is all we can ask for at this point and time.

Exactly. I just compared to 0z and it's a HUGE improvement. Like night and day for 12 hours. We're in that range with the EPS where it has the hive mentality though so it's to be expected. Control run looks just like the OP and that general solution is the highest probability within the suite. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Around 15 or so would suck but 20 are warning level at least somewhere in the region. Some damn good cherry picking though...lol

U5OcmEL.jpg

Lovin what I’m seeing! This just needs to hold or juice up even more. A good NAMing coming soon?? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Exactly. I just compared to 0z and it's a HUGE improvement. Like night and day for 12 hours. We're in that range with the EPS where it has the hive mentality though so it's to be expected. Control run looks just like the OP and that general solution is the highest probability within the suite. 

So the EPS and the GEFS both made big improvements.  Thank you!  

4 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

So the EPS and the GEFS both made big improvements.  Thank you!  

Both means show solid advisory/low-end warning criteria for the entire subforum.  Huge freaking win.  Hopefully we keep it up for another 100 hours.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Yep. And it’s not like there are 4 HECS mixed in skewing the mean. One Hecs in their and a fair amount of SECS and MECS.

Takeaway...might snow some this weekend.  Love snow weekends.  Booze, snacks, tv and no expectations.  And a lot of winter left to go.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Takeaway...might snow some this weekend.  Love snow weekends.  Booze, snacks, tv and no expectations.  And a lot of winter left to go.  

Bought a golf simulator this fall and all I've been able to think about since is hitting virtual range balls in my garage with a fire going while fatties fall from the sky :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, B-Paq said:

Bought a golf simulator this fall and all I've been able to think about since is hitting virtual range balls in my garage with a fire going while fatties fall from the sky :thumbsup:

All of that is on the table.  But we need to get to Thursday.  We are still in a range where I don’t feel comfortable.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic