Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Memory Lane

Rjay

11 hours ago, wdrag said:

Hi for those of us, old enough to remember back to 1973 or I seriously doubt 1914...

Here are some snowless goals: (( never care about the consecutive days streak since I don't think most of us can remember this but we do tend to know what it's later than usual).

Latest ever measurable snow:

NYC Jan 29, 1973.         POR 1869

PHL Trace the winter of 72-73!  POR 1884

BWI Feb 21, 1973.          POR 1892

DCA FEB 13, 1914.         POR 1884

If anyone has information that this is wrong, please let me know and I'll correct.  Thank you.

@uncle Wwas around in 1914

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Rjay said:

He's around.  He left here though. 

Climate change talk seemed to bother him.  I hope he didn't leave bc of that. 

That's a relief....I hope he's okay.  His vacation is well timed since there's nothing really been going on this winter lol.

I saw his last post from August and I thought that's what it was too.

I hope he comes back when things get interesting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

One year ago today two feet on the ground

eJi7Grf.jpg

Your area really got nailed by that one. There was definitely 20" around Deer Park, Babylon, etc. I drove up 231 the day after and there was a drop off once you got to around the LIE up to where I live where there was probably 14-15". You would also notice an uptick in the snowpack once you drove east to Commack and definitely Smithtown. Doesn't happen often but that was definitely a SW Suffolk jackpot and then east from there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Your area really got nailed by that one. There was definitely 20" around Deer Park, Babylon, etc. I drove up 231 the day after and there was a drop off once you got to around the LIE up to where I live where there was probably 14-15". You would also notice an uptick in the snowpack once you drove east to Commack and definitely Smithtown. Doesn't happen often but that was definitely a SW Suffolk jackpot and then east from there.

Yes. I remember the bands were stalling over here 

5 hours ago, jm1220 said:

It was amazing the difference between Manhattan and Brooklyn, starting in Brooklyn it was around a foot and in Queens and Nassau County too.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

This time last year in NYC 

Many places especially east of NYC and SNE were experiencing blizzard conditions. 

I got 10 inches here but many places on Long Island got over 20 inches.

20220130_102714.jpg

received_853066222194439.jpeg

received_406050313797251.jpeg

Go back two years on this date and snow began that night which ended on the second with 17.4 inches in Central Park.

I recorded 27.4 in Orange County, Highland Mills, during that late Jan 31- early morning Feb 3rd with maximum depth of 23.5. Oh to go back in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

This time last year in NYC 

Many places especially east of NYC and SNE were experiencing blizzard conditions. 

I got 10 inches here but many places on Long Island got over 20 inches.

20220130_102714.jpg

received_853066222194439.jpeg

received_406050313797251.jpeg

This was such a good storm, honestly. 

16 inches down my way as I’ve shared previously, but what made this storm really fun was the 22f temps at time of peak snowfall. Cold storm with perfect powder. 

Best storm for my area since 2018. But Feb 2021 was great where I work (Hillside), 18 Inches here in that one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

This was such a good storm, honestly. 

16 inches down my way as I’ve shared previously, but what made this storm really fun was the 22f temps at time of peak snowfall. Cold storm with perfect powder. 

Best storm for my area since 2018. But Feb 2021 was great where I work (Hillside), 18 Inches here in that one. 

Best part was I didn't have to shovel because the wind blew all the snow away haha, I got all the fun without having to do any of the work.

The wind was the snow blower....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Go back two years on this date and snow began that night which ended on the second with 17.4 inches in Central Park.

I recorded 27.4 in Orange County, Highland Mills, during that late Jan 31- early morning Feb 3rd with maximum depth of 23.5. Oh to go back in time.

I got 18 inches 

3 day storm 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...